GM Closing Pickup Plant For Lack of Japanese Parts

Old March 19th 11, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default GM Closing Pickup Plant For Lack of Japanese Parts

http://www.standeyo.com

It does not supprise me.I figured something like that would happen.Will
there be more closings? I don't know, but it will not supprise me.
cuhulin

Old March 19th 11, 12:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Pete C.

wrote:

http://www.standeyo.com

> It does not supprise me.I figured something like that would happen.Will
> there be more closings? I don't know, but it will not supprise me.
> cuhulin

Global supply chain. Likely to affect all auto manufacturers and a great
many others when they can't get electronic components in particular.
Old March 20th 11, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 23:36:42 -0500, wrote:

http://www.standeyo.com

>It does not supprise me.I figured something like that would happen.Will
>there be more closings? I don't know, but it will not supprise me.
>cuhulin

The plant affected (Shreveport) was already set to be closed.
The demise of the Hummer and that there are other plants building
the same pickups seems to have doomed it.
Old March 20th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I didn't know that Shreveport plant was set to be closed anyway.
cuhulin

Old March 21st 11, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

GM Halts 'Nonessential' Spending Due To Japan Crisis
http://m.cnbc.com/id/42168896

Looks like it is more than just Shreveport.
cuhulin