Newbie Audi owner question: Manuals

Old September 9th 06, 06:27 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
queticoman

Default Newbie Audi owner question: Manuals

Just purchased a 1994 Audi 100S. Man do I like what I see so far.
Everything under the hood is laid out nicey and easy to get at. I've only
owned American cars before with everything shoe-horned in.

What I'm looking for are good maintnenance manuals for this car. I've
always used Haynes or Chilton. These do not seem to be available for this
car.

I got really excited when I saw that Bentley publishing offered online
searchable manuals. I thought these would be even more detailed than what I
am used to. I tried the 3 day subscription. While I found a bunch of great
data on the vehicle, I could not find any type of step-by-step instructions
on how to do things.

I checked alldata.com and seem to get about the same result.

Am I not looking at something right? Is what I'm looking for there and I'm
just not searching right? Do I need to go to another source for
step-by-step instructions? Is there a source?

Thanks in advance.

Old September 9th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony[_1_]

Bentley is your best choice but, like you said, it is lacking on the procedures.

A combination of the manual and spending time and searching history on the Audi
sites like AudiWorld, MotorGeeks, and this newsgroup should get you through
anything you want to do. There is a lot of support on the Internet.

queticoman wrote:
> Just purchased a 1994 Audi 100S. Man do I like what I see so far.
> Everything under the hood is laid out nicey and easy to get at. I've only
> owned American cars before with everything shoe-horned in.
>
> What I'm looking for are good maintnenance manuals for this car. I've
> always used Haynes or Chilton. These do not seem to be available for this
> car.
>
> I got really excited when I saw that Bentley publishing offered online
> searchable manuals. I thought these would be even more detailed than what I
> am used to. I tried the 3 day subscription. While I found a bunch of great
> data on the vehicle, I could not find any type of step-by-step instructions
> on how to do things.
>
> I checked alldata.com and seem to get about the same result.
>
> Am I not looking at something right? Is what I'm looking for there and I'm
> just not searching right? Do I need to go to another source for
> step-by-step instructions? Is there a source?
>
> Thanks in advance.

New Mustang owner has question goodnigh Ford Mustang 20 July 26th 06 04:07 AM
Audi Certified pre-owned question GMan Audi 2 July 2nd 04 11:52 AM
Audi Certified pre-owned warranty question ? GMan Audi 0 June 29th 04 05:57 AM
Audi Question Chris L Audi 1 June 24th 04 06:40 PM
Hate, Envy and Angst: The Accord Owner belches about Audi A4: suspension damage after only 35K Saintor Audi 2 May 17th 04 06:09 PM