Headlights

Old March 14th 05, 04:07 PM
cyberia

Default Headlights

Hi all you guys.

I wonder if anybody knows how to adjust the headlights on my 146. Year
1997.

I also have a problem with the hatch door defrosting grid.

Seems to be intact but not working, the fuze is fine also, there might
be some kinda relay i guess that is faulty or doesn't have a proper
connection with the socket.

Thank you in advance.

Old March 14th 05, 10:22 PM
John, UK.

cyberia wrote:
> Hi all you guys.
>
> I wonder if anybody knows how to adjust the headlights on my 146.

Year
> 1997.

I'm sure someone who has a 146 will come back to you on this one, I
sold my 146 three years ago, I cannot remember how the adjustment is
carried out. I think it is done with an allen key.

> I also have a problem with the hatch door defrosting grid.
>
> Seems to be intact but not working, the fuze is fine also, there

might
> be some kinda relay i guess that is faulty or doesn't have a proper
> connection with the socket.

Try disconecting the wires from the heated screen, then put a test bulb
or a test meter [with the screen switched on] onto each tirminal. If
you cannot get a reading check the wiring is not broken where the rear
hatch hinges are. The wires pass through a rubber bellow's from the car
body to the rear hatch and on to the screen element.This is where the
washer pipe sometimes snaps too.
John,UK.

Old March 15th 05, 05:52 AM
cyberia

Thank you, guys.

It does take an allen key, what i don't know is how to adjust the
lights themselves, i mean to position 'em vertically.
The washer pipe i suspect is broken for the rear sprinkler is off, the
pump is fine i have checked,
the problem with the testing the rear grid, is that it's really hard to
take the plastic lining off of the rear door,
they use some kinda plastic clips that hold that thing in place. Does
anyone know if in fact there is a relay somewhere that controls the
current flow, if so i would check it first, cause the thing just stoped
working all of a sudden.

Thank you.
Nice newsgroup