05 barely used saturn vue (good deal? input please)

Old July 21st 05, 06:29 AM
JimNEKriket

Default 05 barely used saturn vue (good deal? input please)

Hey Saturn People!!!!!!
Please let me know if you think this sounds like a good deal.. thx

05 Saturn Vue V6 FWD

This was a program vehicle and has less than 3000 miles on it.
($840 credit for the used miles - should be more, right?!)

Cloth Interior, Compass/Temperature, Backup Warning Alarm Sensors, Tint,
Pinstripe, Nerf Bars, Dual Air Bags + Side Curtain Head Air Bags, the
rest is standard for the V6 I believe.

+$21800
-$2000 Cash Back deal (financing privately)
+tax,tag transfer,title stuff
+plus dealer charges 400 dealer 'fees' or something. is this OK with the
employee purchase price deal? and then there's another $100 for other
'fees' as well included in that 'fees' total.

I, of course will appreciate any input-- good, bad, ugly... looking to
purchase immediately.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Peace,
whiskerz

in THE
south

Old July 21st 05, 11:57 AM
marx404

Not too shabby for a overloaded V6 w/ all the toys. What you should do is
compare this VUE with a brand new one on the lot (a plain V6 VUE) and you
will see the difference.
I am curious about the backup sensors though, they are not a factory option.
That would be an aftermarket option. Base price of a brand new plain nicely
loaded V6 on our lot is $25K. If this was a demo, you got a pretty good
deal!

marx404

Old July 21st 05, 12:36 PM
Seamus's Stuff

> 05 Saturn Vue V6 FWD
>
> This was a program vehicle and has less than 3000 miles on it.
> ($840 credit for the used miles - should be more, right?!)
>
> Cloth Interior, Compass/Temperature, Backup Warning Alarm Sensors, Tint,
> Pinstripe, Nerf Bars, Dual Air Bags + Side Curtain Head Air Bags, the
> rest is standard for the V6 I believe.
>
> +$21800
> -$2000 Cash Back deal (financing privately)
> +tax,tag transfer,title stuff
> +plus dealer charges 400 dealer 'fees' or something. is this OK with the
> employee purchase price deal? and then there's another $100 for other
> 'fees' as well included in that 'fees' total.

The Dealer Fees can be something you can try to balk at and get them to
remove them....if you do this always go for the complete removal of the
fees.

Jim

Old July 24th 05, 03:46 PM
Wilson

You'd be real smart to check the vehicle history. I bought a used ('04, v6
awd) VUE w/ 11,790 miles on it in January. I got a terrific deal. All the
bells and whistles. If I would have checked the history, I wouldn't have
bought it. The previous owner broke down 2 times. At the end of April, I
started having my trouble. The SES & Reduce power light kept coming on.
The VUE had been in the shop 4 times within 6 weeks for the same problem.
They couldn't fix it.

I think if it would have been any other car company, I would have been SOL.
After weeks of waiting & paperwork, Saturn Corp. bought back my '04 and last
Wednesday, I drove away with a brand new '05 with all the same bells and
whistles.

good luck

ink.net...

Old July 27th 05, 08:11 AM
Laz

"Wilson" > wrote in message
> You'd be real smart to check the vehicle history. I bought a used ('04,

v6
> awd) VUE w/ 11,790 miles on it in January. I got a terrific deal. All

the
> bells and whistles. If I would have checked the history, I wouldn't have
> bought it. The previous owner broke down 2 times. At the end of April, I
> started having my trouble. The SES & Reduce power light kept coming on.
> The VUE had been in the shop 4 times within 6 weeks for the same problem.
> They couldn't fix it.
>
> I think if it would have been any other car company, I would have been

SOL.
> After weeks of waiting & paperwork, Saturn Corp. bought back my '04 and

last
> Wednesday, I drove away with a brand new '05 with all the same bells and
> whistles.

Every manufacturer puts out a lemon once in a while. NOW that is serious
product commitment. Makes me more confident to buy Saturn again.

Laz