Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight!

Old February 14th 05, 03:34 PM

Default Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight!

Flashpoint Racing Series is accepting registration for the 2005 Season
1 starting the week of February 14th - February 20th. Also, Flashpoint
members who are Premium OLR members also qualify to compete in the
Driver Shootouts each month for plaques and cash. Below is a breakdown
of our leagues and events.

For season 1, we plan to run NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. For season 2,
if EA comes out with the patch for NASCAR Sim Racing, we plan to switch
at that time.

OSCAR Series: Is an open setup league that features over 10 divisions
in 4 skill groups (Outlaw, Sportsman, CGN, and Freedom Cup) All drivers
in OSCAR trying to achieve the ultimate goal of making it into Freedom
Cup. $1,000 in cash is up for grabs in OSCAR Freedom Cup. Top 15
drivers win cash and top 5 receive trophies.

FASCAR Series: Is an all fast-fixed setup league that features over 14
divisions in 4 skill groups (Novice, Stock, Semi Pro, and Pro Cup) All
drivers in FASCAR trying to achieve the ultimate goal of making it into
Pro Cup. $1,000 in cash is up for grabs in FASCAR Pro Cup. Top 15
drivers win cash and top 5 receive trophies.

Newly created Hardcore Series: Is on open setup league that runs in
cockpit view and aids disabled with 3 divisions (Stock, Semi Pro & Pro)
Saturday nights at 8pm ET, starting with 30 min practice followed by
race at 8:30pm ET. top drivers move up and bottom drivers move down.
Top 5 drivers in Pro Division win plaques.

Pro Series: Is an open setup league that runs 2 divisions (Semi Pro, &
Pro) Sunday mornings at 10am EST. All drivers start in Semi Pro and at
the end of each season, top drivers move up and bottom drivers move
down. Top 5 drivers in Pro Division win plaques.

Pro Fixed Series: Is a fast-fixed setup league that runs 2 divisions
(Semi Pro, & Pro) Saturday mornings at 10am EST. All drivers start in
Stock and at the end of each season, top drivers move up and bottom
drivers move down. Top 5 drivers in Pro Division win plaques.

Truck Series: Is a fast-fixed setup league that runs 3 divisions
(Stock, Semi Pro, & Pro) in CTS mod Tuesday nights at 9:15pm EST. All
drivers start in Stock and at the end of each season, top drivers move
up and bottom drivers move down. Top 5 drivers in Pro Division win
plaques.

Short Track Series: Is a fast-fixed setup league that runs one division
in GN mod Friday nights at 9:00pm EST. Top 5 drivers in Pro Division
win plaques.

We also run Flashpoint Monthly Shootouts every month. Drivers who are
premium olr members and are in the top 30 based on qualifying compete
in the Final Shootout for cash and prizes. On Feb 19th, EA is giving
away 5 copies of NASCAR Sim Racing to the top 5 drivers. Google is
paying cash to the top 3 drivers and FRSHosting.com is giving away
plaques to the top 5.

Flashpoint Racing Series
http://www.onlineracin.com/flashpoint/

We also run the Super Speedway Series for cash and prizes and plan to
start TRAC.

Joe Lomas
President
Onlineracin.com,Inc.
http://onlineracin.com
We Provide Web Hosting Solutions
http://frshosting.com

Old February 14th 05, 09:22 PM
Gil

Great. Start on Valentine's day. Thanks a lot for that.

Old February 14th 05, 11:17 PM
Schooner

"For season 1, we plan to run NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. For season 2,
if EA comes out with the patch for NASCAR Sim Racing, we plan to switch
at that time."

It hasn't been released yet and your waiting on a patch to fix it. So what
is the big issue so far?

oups.com...

Old February 15th 05, 12:37 AM
Mitch_A

Schooner wrote:

> "For season 1, we plan to run NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. For season 2,
> if EA comes out with the patch for NASCAR Sim Racing, we plan to switch
> at that time."
>
> It hasn't been released yet and your waiting on a patch to fix it. So
> what is the big issue so far?
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...

"Planning" on a patch from EA is a slippery slope to be treading

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old February 15th 05, 12:59 AM
Schooner

Yes I agree. First stating that you expect the initial release to be too
buggy to use and they stating you are waiting on the patch. May as well say
you have no plans to buy or use it ever ;-)

Old February 15th 05, 02:39 AM
Bill Bollinger

I wouldn't be saying that. Mr. Hawkins just had a FANTASTIC Q&A session on
www.crazygameworld.com (Teamspeak)

NSR looks to be a kick ass release

Bill Bollinger
www.gsxn.com

Old February 15th 05, 11:42 AM
Schooner

I hope it is, we need something to revive NASCAR sim racing. Leagues are
slowly drying up as is.
I'm just curious about hat the OP said.

m...

Old February 15th 05, 11:44 AM
Schooner

Bill - Any comments on what was said at the Teamspeak session?

Old February 15th 05, 03:27 PM
Plowboy

Schooner,

Joe's website forums (www.ollineracin.com/forums) might shed some light onto
what your asking. TO ME, In a nutshell EA decided to go gold with a lot of
missing parts for "online" usability, for one example, the f2-space (that is
in NRxx) to see intervals between your car and others. plus ways to control
dedicated servers remotely (no dedicated commands to used by admins like we
can papy dedicated servers as last I read) only a voting system I guess?
plus other things like outputing/exporting of resuslts files, you know so
post editing can detected I think, and some other things...

Sorry I can't recall all the specific ones, there was seemingly quite a
"list" from several different discussions... But EA has seemed to convince
many that they will get this stuff fixed in promised a patch.

Me? Well I dont know, it is kinda like selling anything... once it is
money in your pocket, would you care? I can only hope in this case that EA
will, I mean they are going to want to sell me games stuff eventually right?

BUT if things keep going, & they end up being the only game
publisher/developer in town anymore, which some reports they are be very
'Borg' like at EA.

Schooner enlightened us with:

Old February 15th 05, 06:12 PM
Schooner

Thanks. Well if it is missing that much out of the box I'd wager that it is
dead already to most of the sim world. Waiting on a patch to a buggy game
that isn't even on the shelf isn't going to impress anyone. For a title
they focused at a simmers they are missing a lot of simmer features IMHO.