Car putts sometimes then shuts off when driving.

Old March 10th 05, 04:04 AM
pancho6987

Default Car putts sometimes then shuts off when driving.

I have a 1987 chevy caprice. Recently i gave it a fresh tune-up, new
carburator, new module that goes underneath the distributor cap and rotor,
and a new electrical fuel pump. The car still does the same thing. I go at
a steady speed and when i decide to accelerate it more it stalls for about
3 seconds then it goes.Sometimes it just shuts off on me when i'm driving
and i need to wait about 10 or 15 minutes in order for it to turn back on.
Can anyone help me with this problem or think of wat is wrong? Thank you.

Old March 10th 05, 03:40 PM
Backbone

"pancho6987" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I have a 1987 chevy caprice. Recently i gave it a fresh tune-up, new
> carburator, new module that goes underneath the distributor cap and rotor,
> and a new electrical fuel pump. The car still does the same thing. I go at

Why replace parts that are not defective or did I miss something?

> a steady speed and when i decide to accelerate it more it stalls for about
> 3 seconds then it goes.Sometimes it just shuts off on me when i'm driving
> and i need to wait about 10 or 15 minutes in order for it to turn back on.
> Can anyone help me with this problem or think of wat is wrong? Thank you.

why not take it to a repair place. At the rate your going I bet you will save
tons of money!
--
Remove *flaps* to reply