Body off 1303 super

Old March 1st 05, 07:25 PM
tricky

Default Body off 1303 super

Hi

Ive read load of times on various sites how to get the body off a
standard beetle. Havent seen any for the super.

Anyone got a link to a howto page for this ?

I guess its mostly the same but as its my 1st 1303 I dont know where the
extra mounting bolts are.

Also I am going to try to get the body off on my own - yes - just me !

I have an engine hoist that will lift about 3Ft. I was thinking of
making some brakets up that bolt to the wing mounting holes and using
the hoist centraly like a crane. Then prop it up and leave it there
while I work on the frame head. Yes I am stuck for space, and its snow
outside.

Any other Ideas would be appreciated.

I started with the bolts on the framhead with my impact wrench, they
span inside, so did a couple that bolt the floor to the heater channel.
I guess I will have to grind the heads off and deal with it when I get
the body seperated.
Got the rest out. and the four inside.
where are the rear mounting points?

Rich

Rich
Old March 1st 05, 07:42 PM
Jan Andersson

tricky wrote:

> Hi
>
> Ive read load of times on various sites how to get the body off a
> standard beetle. Havent seen any for the super.
>
> Anyone got a link to a howto page for this ?
>
> I guess its mostly the same but as its my 1st 1303 I dont know where the
> extra mounting bolts are.
>
> Also I am going to try to get the body off on my own - yes - just me !
>
> I have an engine hoist that will lift about 3Ft. I was thinking of
> making some brakets up that bolt to the wing mounting holes and using
> the hoist centraly like a crane. Then prop it up and leave it there
> while I work on the frame head. Yes I am stuck for space, and its snow
> outside.
>
> Any other Ideas would be appreciated.
>
> I started with the bolts on the framhead with my impact wrench, they
> span inside, so did a couple that bolt the floor to the heater channel.
> I guess I will have to grind the heads off and deal with it when I get
> the body seperated.
> Got the rest out. and the four inside.
> where are the rear mounting points?
>
> Rich
>
> Rich

Bugmevideo covers it in one of their vids

Jan
Old March 1st 05, 11:32 PM
Joao Eliseu

I shouldn't be reading this... :-) now that I rebuld the engine, I would like to
have the car painted.
Please keep me informed how the job is going on...and good luck.

Joao

Old March 1st 05, 11:44 PM
tricky

Cool !!!

I just ordered the full set of bugme DVD's on saturday :-)

They should arrive any day now.

Rich

Old March 2nd 05, 12:02 AM
tricky

Thanks - I will.

Maybe I should take some pictures, to help others.

Or for others to have a good laugh at my work !!

Rich

Old March 2nd 05, 10:38 PM
Joao Eliseu

>Maybe I should take some pictures, to help others.

That would be nice
Joao

1988-1998 Body Style Chevrolet/GMC Z71 offroad...lift and tires discussion super swampers redneckco2007 4x4 3 February 20th 05 02:52 PM
Can a type 2 body be removed from the frame for body work? [email protected] VW air cooled 2 February 6th 05 12:49 AM
lookin 4 butch VW air cooled 12 December 16th 04 11:38 PM
Body Shop Adviice James Sutherland Dodge 12 October 25th 04 08:56 PM