news from The Samba .... looks like Trends is gone

Old December 14th 04, 04:47 PM
Scott H

Default news from The Samba .... looks like Trends is gone

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...852&highlight=

--
Scott

Old December 14th 04, 06:19 PM
Red Bug

In article >,
"Scott H" > wrote:

> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...852&highlight=

Your URL is incomplete... it won't take you right to the article... Try
again.

--
___
|___| '61 - VW
Old December 14th 04, 06:36 PM
Dane Tyler

Worked for me...

Basically was an article with a letter from Ryan Price, editor of VW
Trends, saying that February 2005 will be the final issue.

Could be real, could be made up...who knows, although its not very
surprising considering the poor quality of the mag.

Old December 14th 04, 06:44 PM
vwluvrs

No need to Doubt Randy Carlson from Old Bug.....
He may have some strange ideas when it comes to cars :-) , but he's a
straight shooter..
Old December 14th 04, 07:09 PM
Bill Berckman

Scott wrote:

>http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...852&highlight=
>
>--
>Scott

Can someone paste a copy of the article here. I can't remember my Samba Forum
password.

Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Old December 14th 04, 07:23 PM
Scott H

"Red Bug" wrote ...
> In article >,
> "Scott H" > wrote:
>
> > http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...852&highlight=

> Your URL is incomplete... it won't take you right to the article... Try
> again.

The link works fine but it's in the `Rants' section and I forgot that you
have to be registered and logged in to see that forum.

Here's another thread in the general forum, no login required:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94851

--
Scott

Old December 14th 04, 07:49 PM
Scott H

"Bill Berckman" wrote ...
> Scott wrote:
>
> >http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...852&highlight=
> >
> >--
> >Scott

> Can someone paste a copy of the article here. I can't remember my Samba

Forum
> password.

This link should work, Bill:

Old December 14th 04, 10:38 PM
Tim Rogers

"Dane Tyler" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Basically was an article with a letter from Ryan Price, editor of VW
> Trends, saying that February 2005 will be the final issue.
>
> Could be real, could be made up...who knows, although its not very
> surprising considering the poor quality of the mag.

.............The same information has been posted on Common Gear but they're
saying that March will be the last issue.

Old December 14th 04, 11:18 PM
Ben Boyle

Yes it is alive. My guess is that with the death of Trends they will probably get more readers.

A magazine I highly recommend is the UK's VolksWorld. While it is more expensive, it is published in a bigger format in
full color. It really is good. The place I subscribe to it that I recommend is here.
http://ew1.com/mghvw.html

Old December 15th 04, 01:40 AM

You'd have to live in a cave not to have seen this one coming.
Magazines are little more than a reflection of their editor. In the
case of Ryan Price, who repeatedly showed his readers how little he
knew about Volkswagens, grammar and the English language in general, it
was pretty obvious the job was a gimme rather than a position won on
merit.

-Bob Hoover