Trunk part for 2000 Chrysler Cirrus

Old March 19th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KirkM

Default Trunk part for 2000 Chrysler Cirrus

I am trying to identify this part for a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus.

It is a rubber boot that carries the wiring from under the rear
window, to the trunk lid. The old one has cracked, and fallen apart.

I went to the dealer and looked at the exploded parts diagham on the
computer, and it doesn't show it.

Doe anyone know what this part is called, and have a P/N for it?

Thanks,

KM
Old March 20th 10, 02:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

KirkM wrote:
> I am trying to identify this part for a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus.
>
> It is a rubber boot that carries the wiring from under the rear
> window, to the trunk lid. The old one has cracked, and fallen apart.
>
> I went to the dealer and looked at the exploded parts diagham on the
> computer, and it doesn't show it.
>
> Doe anyone know what this part is called, and have a P/N for it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> KM

This doesn't help you, but I'm thinking it would come with the harness,
not as a separate part. Possibly it has to be put onto the harness
bundle before the connector bodies are put on.

Maybe cut some wiring out of a junk yard car and splice it in?

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old March 22nd 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Licker

I have to agree with Bill that it is probably part of the wiring harness and
can not be purchased separate. However I disagree about cutting the wires
and splice them in from a used juck yard part. Any time you have to spice
you are just asking for problems to occur.

What I would do is look to purchase a plastic wire loom that is the right
size for the wires. This can be purchased in most auto parts place. A
plastic wire loom is the corrogated plastic that has a split down one side
so that you can place it over the wire. It is self closing but can then be
cabled tied closed or electrical taped to ensure it stays closed on the
ends.

See link for an idea what I am speaking about.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/electrical/c13386j1s17.jcwx?TID=8347545&s_kwcid=TC|18021|auto motive%20wire%20loom||S|b|4163404118&gclid=CPzmj7P uzKACFQmfnAodB3-l0w

Sarge

Old March 22nd 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Licker wrote:
> I have to agree with Bill that it is probably part of the wiring harness and
> can not be purchased separate. However I disagree about cutting the wires
> and splice them in from a used juck yard part. Any time you have to spice
> you are just asking for problems to occur...

Depends on who does the splicing and how they do it (i.e., solder and
double shrink wrap with the splice back in a part that isn't exposed to
the elements and doesn't get flexed with trunk lid opening/closing, for
example).

Yeah - the loom idea wouldn't be bad.

--
Bill Putney