Bring back the Brat or modernize the Wrangler

Old February 14th 05, 05:36 PM
Hallraker

"Matt Mead" > wrote in message

> Uh, yeah, but since the the discussion was started about looking for
> something comparable to a Subie Brat (good fuel economy but with a
> 2-spd case), I'd say the diesel Liberty fits the bill nicely. I'd say
> the Liberty has more off-road credentials then the Brat ever did.

That's probably true. At least off the lot, anyway. There are/were a lot
of aftermarket parts and accessories designed to increase the off-road
capabilities of the Brat, which were pretty good for a tiny truck that was
actually a car anyway. And do not forget that the Brat had jumpseats. <g>

-Matt

Old February 14th 05, 06:45 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

My sediments exactly, the Libby is like the Japanese Brat.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 14th 05, 09:32 PM
Dave Milne

This weekend I got 20.6 US mpg ( 24.5 UK mpg) over 620 miles @ 70-75mph.
Pretty good for a Wrangler I thought.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old February 14th 05, 11:30 PM
Derrick Hudson

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:24:20 -0500, Peter D. Hipson wrote:
> Yes, but let's not go there (I have both a Hummer, and a TJ

Since you've been in both, what's your opinion on them? I'm curious
to know more. I've seen Hummers around, mostly H2s but one or two H1s
also, but don't know much more about them. I think they look
oversized and clumsy and are too expensive, but I don't know anything
about how they actually feel. Since I'm always interested in
learning, I would appreciate any insights you wish to offer.

> (and a Dodge 2500...)

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:03:07 +1300, "dundee" >
> wrote:
>
>>isn't the hummer independent front.?

So does my F-150.

--
Stay away from a foolish man,
for you will not find knowledge on his lips.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/ jabber:
Old February 15th 05, 12:08 AM
Matt Mead

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:36:43 GMT, "Hallraker"
> wrote:

>That's probably true. At least off the lot, anyway. There are/were a lot
>of aftermarket parts and accessories designed to increase the off-road
>capabilities of the Brat, which were pretty good for a tiny truck that was
>actually a car anyway. And do not forget that the Brat had jumpseats. <g>
>
>-Matt

I've actually looked at a few websites that had info on off-roading
Subarus. Kinda interesting and they would make a unique off-roader.
Gearing has to be a big issue though as the tires get bigger.....

The Brat was definately cool in its day!

Old February 15th 05, 12:30 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Derrick Hudson" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:24:20 -0500, Peter D. Hipson wrote:
>> Yes, but let's not go there (I have both a Hummer, and a TJ

> Since you've been in both, what's your opinion on them? I'm curious
> to know more.

everything (and i mean _everything_) you ever needed to know about how a
hummer compares to a tj can be found at http://7slotgrille.com/hummer

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old February 15th 05, 12:42 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Someone has way too much time on their hands. ;-)
Snow up about roof level?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 15th 05, 12:48 AM
Dave Milne

Speaking of the "Collier Welding Safety Cage", when is it going to make it's
debut ?

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old February 15th 05, 12:56 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Someone has way too much time on their hands. ;-)

....just a dedication to providing information and entertainment to the
jeeping community. :-)

> Snow up about roof level?

nah, snow is almost completely gone. now that doesnt mean we wont get 12
feet before april, but for now its gone.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com