1993 Caravan OH console on a '92...?

Old April 13th 10, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
aemeijers

Default 1993 Caravan OH console on a '92...?

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:02:09 -0400, clare wrote:

>>> Does anyone know WTF this idiot is talking about? "Wiring fable"? I used
>>> to wire up large aircraft engine controls, point to point.
>>>
>>> So here's the fable: I have a bundle of wires sticking out from the
>>> headliner that are supposed to attach to an overhead console. The
>>> connector has been cut off. So, do you have an idea what wire goes where,
>>> or where I can get a wiring diagram so I can rewire it myself, or are you
>>> just going to be a big mouth with nothing to say, but are going to say
>>> it anyway?

>> Go to youtr local library and see if they have a manual. Second
>> choice subscribe to Aldata or see if anyone around your area has the
>> computerised manuals that can print you out the diagram. Can't remember
>> the name of the program - but most garages use either it or Aldata now.

> I actuall did find a reference in a Dodge forum, with a link to the manual
> pages.
>
> The only problem I have with Alldata is the way it is used. I brought a
> car to a place for a timing belt and a water pump. The belt drives the
> water pump, so when you remove the belt, the pump is right there, right?
>
> OK, so then "Flat Rate" comes into play: They have to remove the covers,
> idlers, etc to get the belt out. The water pump is three more bolts. The
> were going to charge me the price, according to Alldata's "Flat Rate" to
> change the timing belt, and THEN charge me Alldata's "Flat rate" to remove
> the water pump, which means charging me for the removal and reinsatllation
> of the timing belt ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Pay for labor you're doing once,
> twice? No thanks.

Every garage I have ever used for major repairs, always assumed a water
pump swapout was part of a timing belt change, and quoted it that way.
Not many people keep a car long enough for a timing belt change, and
those that do usually know why they should be changed at the same time.

--
aem sends...
Old April 13th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:53:15 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

> Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:02:09 -0400, clare wrote:

>>> Go to youtr local library and see if they have a manual. Second
>>> choice subscribe to Aldata or see if anyone around your area has the
>>> computerised manuals that can print you out the diagram. Can't remember
>>> the name of the program - but most garages use either it or Aldata now.

>> I actuall did find a reference in a Dodge forum, with a link to the
>> manual pages.
>>
>> The only problem I have with Alldata is the way it is used. I brought a
>> car to a place for a timing belt and a water pump. The belt drives the
>> water pump, so when you remove the belt, the pump is right there, right?
>>
>> OK, so then "Flat Rate" comes into play: They have to remove the covers,
>> idlers, etc to get the belt out. The water pump is three more bolts. The
>> were going to charge me the price, according to Alldata's "Flat Rate" to
>> change the timing belt, and THEN charge me Alldata's "Flat rate" to
>> remove the water pump, which means charging me for the removal and
>> reinsatllation of the timing belt ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Pay for labor you're
>> doing once, twice? No thanks.
>>

> Every garage I have ever used for major repairs, always assumed a water
> pump swapout was part of a timing belt change, and quoted it that way. Not
> many people keep a car long enough for a timing belt change, and those
> that do usually know why they should be changed at the same time.

I just wait till mine break, usually at the edge of the middle of nowhere,
at 5:00 in the afternoon, on a Friday...

Good thing I have non-interference engines...