1997 Dodge Caravan

Old April 9th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Gary[_12_]

Default 1997 Dodge Caravan

Today I had a battery and cables put in and on the way home I noticed
that the tiny lights on my accesserys,van fan ,rear wiper,etc were
blinking.They still worked but didnt stop blinking while I drove.I have
heard I have to drive about 50 miles before my engine computer figures
itself out.What is the scoop on this?

Old April 9th 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

check the cables to make sure they are tight......on both ends.

Old April 9th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
QX

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 23:44:42 -0400, "rob" > wrote:

>check the cables to make sure they are tight......on both ends.
>

>"Gary" > wrote in message
>> Today I had a battery and cables put in and on the way home I noticed
>> that the tiny lights on my accesserys,van fan ,rear wiper,etc were
>> blinking.They still worked but didnt stop blinking while I drove.I have
>> heard I have to drive about 50 miles before my engine computer figures
>> itself out.What is the scoop on this?

Blinking lights may have something to do with calibration of the
heating/cooling system airflow door mechanism. Try a search for
Caravan A/C calibration.
Old April 9th 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Angell

"Gary" > wrote in message
> Today I had a battery and cables put in and on the way home I noticed
> that the tiny lights on my accesserys,van fan ,rear wiper,etc were
> blinking.They still worked but didnt stop blinking while I drove.I have
> heard I have to drive about 50 miles before my engine computer figures
> itself out.What is the scoop on this?

The HVAC controls need to be recalibrated. This happens if the battery is
disconnected while the ac or fan is in the on position. It's annoying but
not serious. Try the following procedu

Set Blower motor ON HIGH

Set Mode position to Panel

Open all A/C outlets

Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)

Depress WASH and REAR WIPER button simultaneously for 5 Seconds (Until all
LED's light)

RESULTS:

All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds

Calibration Test is running when REAR WIPER and INTERMITTENT are alternately
flashing. Cooldown test is running if A/C and RECIRC are alternately
flashing.

Acceptable results is REAR WIPER LED is the only LED flashing. Push Rear
Wiper to exit.

If that doesn't work try to run the sequence with slightly increased RPM's
(put your foot on the gas a little). Also there is a forum on the web called
dodgetalk.com. I hope this is helpful!

Old April 9th 10, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Gary[_12_]

Default 1997 Dodge Caravan ...ALL

Thanks for your help.I will try and get it going in a day or so.

Old April 12th 10, 12:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Gary[_12_]

The blinkers go out at times of high speed and stay out untill I shut
the car off.Then they start again when I start the engine.It appears it
doesnt hurt anything so I may wait until I have a different reason to
visit the mechanic.

1997 Dodge Caravan problem tammi Dodge 1 August 21st 07 08:15 PM
1997 dodge caravan 2.4 engine [email protected] Chrysler 1 January 20th 07 02:38 AM
dodge caravan 1997 2.4 engine [email protected] Chrysler 1 January 12th 07 04:34 PM
Charging A/C - 1997 Dodge Caravan [email protected] Technology 4 June 9th 05 11:44 AM
1997 Dodge Caravan A/C problem! HELP caghem04 Dodge 0 July 21st 04 02:18 AM