thrustmaster 360 modena split axis problems..

Old January 30th 05, 01:12 PM
ItchY350

Default thrustmaster 360 modena split axis problems..

I have some problems with this wheel (usb, non-Pro).

I need to switch my pedals to split axis mode. I read somewhere else that
I need that stupid buggy thrustmapper utility to be able to do this, since
the standard windows control panel applet is unable to change anything.

Well I got my hands on that thrustmapper thingy, the setting was there,
nice, everything seemed to work, however, it didn't:\..

Now, (with the split setting on) everything but the gas pedal works just
fine. BUT the gas is really screwed up.

If I don't touch it, and set the split axis, it is zeroed. When pushed, it
jumps all the way up to 100%. When let go, it immediatelly falls down to
exact 50%. Then, it keeps jumping between 50 and 100% if touched anyhow.

I even posted a question at their support page, but no response so far.

I hope some of you people knows how to make this work.. because it really
sucks. Thanks in advance.

Old January 30th 05, 04:20 PM
Helicon_One

"ItchY350" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I have some problems with this wheel (usb, non-Pro).
>
> I need to switch my pedals to split axis mode. I read somewhere else that
> I need that stupid buggy thrustmapper utility to be able to do this, since
> the standard windows control panel applet is unable to change anything.
>
> Well I got my hands on that thrustmapper thingy, the setting was there,
> nice, everything seemed to work, however, it didn't:\..
>
> Now, (with the split setting on) everything but the gas pedal works just
> fine. BUT the gas is really screwed up.
>
> If I don't touch it, and set the split axis, it is zeroed. When pushed, it
> jumps all the way up to 100%. When let go, it immediatelly falls down to
> exact 50%. Then, it keeps jumping between 50 and 100% if touched anyhow.
>
> I even posted a question at their support page, but no response so far.
>
> I hope some of you people knows how to make this work.. because it really
> sucks. Thanks in advance.

So, there *is* somebody else out there with a 360 Modena wheel.

Hmm, I had trouble trying to get mine working at first but it worked ok once
I had the latest version of Thrustmapper. Just one obvious thing, have you
tried killing *all* the deadzones (in Thrustmapper and in-game)?

Also, I've only got mine working properly in game by setting the taskbar
utility to 'manual', and selecting the preset configuration I want every
time before I load the game. Leaving it on automatic doesn't seem to work
for me. You are activating the taskbar utility before you play, I assume?

I'm no expert on these things, so sorry I can't give any smarter answers.

Tim
--
----------------
Criticizing the current administration is a treasonable offence!

Currently listening to: 'Endlessly' - Mercury Rev

Old January 30th 05, 05:03 PM
ItchY350

Thx for answer..

I downloaded thrustmapper just days ago, so I assume it is the lates one..
v4.xx I dunno the exact numbers.

There are no deadzones, there were none and I didn't set any.

The manual setting isn't a bad idea, (at least I see the third axis even
in windows CP..) though it didn't solve anything

Thanks nonetheless..