89 buick lasabre a/c

Old July 24th 05, 04:08 PM
Professor

Years ago... GM used to have what they called a thermal switch clipped
right onto the compressor bracket. Maybe someone knows if that still
exists... because it caused the problem you describe.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old July 24th 05, 04:44 PM
Piedmont

Default 89 buick lasabre a/c

needing help with my 89 buick lasabre a/c. The compressor is not engaging,
no cold air, blower works.

I checked 25amp fuse and it is ok, I bought a refill kit and pressure reads
good. Also, this isn't the original compressor, I had it replace about 5
years ago.

Is there a relay or something else I can check? I there is a relay, where is
it, what does it look like. Is there anything else that can be easily
checked?

Everything seems to work except compressor doesn't engage. So I assume it is
electrical.

Thanks! Piedmont

Old July 24th 05, 05:02 PM
sdlomi2

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> needing help with my 89 buick lasabre a/c. The compressor is not engaging,
> no cold air, blower works.
>
> I checked 25amp fuse and it is ok, I bought a refill kit and pressure

reads
> good. Also, this isn't the original compressor, I had it replace about 5
> years ago.
>
> Is there a relay or something else I can check? I there is a relay, where

is
> it, what does it look like. Is there anything else that can be easily
> checked?
>
> Everything seems to work except compressor doesn't engage. So I assume it

is
> electrical.
>
> Thanks! Piedmont

Forgot to give credit: via Mitchell, sorry. s

Old July 24th 05, 05:03 PM
sdlomi2

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> needing help with my 89 buick lasabre a/c. The compressor is not engaging,
> no cold air, blower works.
>
> I checked 25amp fuse and it is ok, I bought a refill kit and pressure

reads
> good. Also, this isn't the original compressor, I had it replace about 5
> years ago.
>
> Is there a relay or something else I can check? I there is a relay, where

is
> it, what does it look like. Is there anything else that can be easily
> checked?
>
> Everything seems to work except compressor doesn't engage. So I assume it

is
> electrical.
>
> Thanks! Piedmont

Sorry, forgot to credit above source: Mitchell. s

Buick Sales in China C. E. White General 2 April 28th 05 05:41 AM
Buick Returns To RWD!! Now What About Ford? [email protected] Ford Mustang 3 January 30th 05 01:58 AM
LaCrosse vs LaSabre HLS Technology 22 January 26th 05 11:31 PM
89" Buick LaSabre hood latch doesn't work.. Piedmont General 1 July 18th 04 05:17 PM
1912 Buick Models Scott Dwyer Antique cars 1 October 20th 03 02:03 AM