Weird sounds coming from back wheel..??

Old March 9th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
McNick

Default Weird sounds coming from back wheel..??

At slow speeds my drivers back wheel has a really loud tick. I just got new
tires and it was doing it before that, so its not a rock. Just at speeds
under 20 mph. Its sounds like a playing card in a spoke of a bike tire but
10 times lounder and not good sounding. Anyone have any suggestions..??

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...ford.explorer/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old March 11th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mikepier

On Mar 9, 9:46*am, "McNick" > wrote:
> At slow speeds my drivers back wheel has a really loud tick. I just got new
> tires and it was doing it before that, so its not a rock. Just at speeds
> under 20 mph. Its sounds like a playing card in a spoke of a bike tire but
> 10 times lounder and not good sounding. Anyone have any suggestions..??
>
> --
> Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer/
> More information athttp://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

You need to take off the tire and examine the brakes, including the
drum brakes inside the rotors, to see if anything is loose. I would
suggest lifting both rear tires off the ground so you can turn the
rotor by hand and try to determine where the noise is coming from.