1995 SL1 - Most Miles?

Old July 24th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe[_6_]

Default 1995 SL1 - Most Miles?

Clutch is getting close to "fully extended" and I expect it to slip a bit.

What's the mileage record on these engines (that notoriously eat oil)?

I'm at 160,000 now and expect to either drop a few thousand $ into it or rid
myself of it and go for another economical small car from a different
manufacturer...

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/5apkg
http://www.youthelate.com

Old July 24th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:26:33 GMT, "Joe"
> wrote:

>Clutch is getting close to "fully extended" and I expect it to slip a bit.
>
>What's the mileage record on these engines (that notoriously eat oil)?
>
>I'm at 160,000 now and expect to either drop a few thousand $ into it or rid
>myself of it and go for another economical small car from a different
>manufacturer...
>
>Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R
>
>Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"
>
>Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
>http://tinyurl.com/5apkg
>http://www.youthelate.com

The life of a car depends a lot on how you treat it and maintain it.
One person may get 400K and another 150K. If it is running wheel now
and has been well maintained and rust is not eating the chassis. It
may run a long time still. Keep up on oil change in engine and
transaxle and change engine oil more as it gets older and it gets
dirty sooner as it will extend service life of it.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old July 24th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

213,000 on mine. Planning on replacing timing chain soon. Just as a
precaution..
I have seen them with 350,000 + on them

Old July 24th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:59:22 GMT, "Shawn"
> wrote:

>213,000 on mine. Planning on replacing timing chain soon. Just as a
>precaution..

Wise idea.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com