rear dome light wont work...because of dvd player ?!?

Old March 27th 06, 03:32 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default rear dome light wont work...because of dvd player ?!?

Hi

I took my 2005 grand caravan in for service because I was no longer
able to turn on the rear dome light using the dimmer switch by the
headlights.

Service said the reason it didn'y work was because the dvd player was
an after market dvd player and it was impossible to run the dome light
this way with the dvd player installed.

First of all, my dome light did work the way it should and then
stopped, second of all, how is this after market? I had this installed
as an option when I bought the car brand new? Does this sound legit or
like the technician did not want to spend the time to diagnose the
problem.

Mike Cardeiro

Old March 27th 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

--

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi
>
> I took my 2005 grand caravan in for service because I was no longer
> able to turn on the rear dome light using the dimmer switch by the
> headlights.
>
> Service said the reason it didn'y work was because the dvd player was
> an after market dvd player and it was impossible to run the dome light
> this way with the dvd player installed.
>
> First of all, my dome light did work the way it should and then
> stopped, second of all, how is this after market? I had this installed
> as an option when I bought the car brand new? Does this sound legit or
> like the technician did not want to spend the time to diagnose the
> problem.
>
> Mike Cardeiro

If they wired it up wrong you could have all kinds of problems. If the
dealer installed the DVD player or had someone else do it then they need to
fix the problem. I have seen more after market parts/accessories cause
problems especially when they bolt these things to the floor of the van.
without seeing the problem.
The first thing to look for when you have an electrical problem in a vehicle
is aftermarket/mopar accessories. If this is something you can disconnect
yourself try it and see if the dome lite works???? O and is it blowing
fuses?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Busted rear window - 3rd brake light out (97 Volvo 850 T-5) Joe S Technology 4 June 6th 05 08:56 PM
electrically stupid BDragon Corvette 32 February 6th 05 09:14 AM
156 Rear Light Problem Admin Alfa Romeo 8 September 24th 04 03:44 PM
C4 Corvette rear turn indicator light problem Chris Wiles Corvette 6 September 21st 04 03:05 PM