GTR International Release!

Old December 30th 04, 12:34 AM
Tiny Lund

Default GTR International Release!

I guess I will have 2 copies.

http://www.gtr-game.com/index.php?page=news0

Old December 30th 04, 03:53 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Tiny Lund" > wrote in message
>I guess I will have 2 copies.
>
> http://www.gtr-game.com/index.php?page=news0

This news is nearly two weeks old. I think most here are aware of it.

Is there any reason why you posted it?

Alanb

Old December 30th 04, 05:39 AM
Larry

I'm downloading the Demo. Not speaking German, do I have a chance at
running this?

-Larry

Old December 30th 04, 06:03 AM
Damien Smith

>I guess I will have 2 copies.
>
> http://www.gtr-game.com/index.php?page=news0

Shame we won't be seeing it for another 2 months. Honestly, the
publisher/developers have really screwed up on this one. The game's
graphics engine was already dated when it was announced 18 months ago and
the delays have really done some damage to the game. It's a fantastic sim
in terms of car/track physics and 3D modelling but the sequel will need to
improve in every other area 3-fold if it's going to become the king of sims.
I hear the netcode is very good in 1.2 but there's so many other oddities
that happen in multiplayer mainly to do with the starting grid that give it
a very shoddy feel. The Starforce thing is also a major pain which only
hinders legitimate users - pirates will just go play something else or use
one of the workarounds to play the game.

Old December 30th 04, 06:07 AM
Larry

Starforce? I'm afraid to ask...

-Larry

Old December 30th 04, 07:18 AM
Chad Rogers

I am very surprised to hear everyone talk about the "engine". GTR is not
the old ISI engine only. Those that think it is are doing a great
disservice to themselves and the sim-racing community as a whole. GTR is
far and away the best "available" sim right now, bar none(my opinion of
course). The net code is the best since Heat, you can rub and it is very
warp free and I am most nights that I run playing with people half way
around the world.
All that being said the release has been a bust I agree, but once it gets
into the hands of sim-racing fans look out. On another note if it helps
them build GTR2, I will support them. I support everyone that makes an
effort to cater to the simracing crowd.

Chad

Old December 30th 04, 12:18 PM
Andi Cole

Copy protection, as in the thing used by Toca Race Driver 2 (and variants).
Take a look at http://www.star-force.com/

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

Old December 30th 04, 12:24 PM
Andi Cole

"Damien Smith" > wrote in message
> >I guess I will have 2 copies.
> >
> > http://www.gtr-game.com/index.php?page=news0

> Shame we won't be seeing it for another 2 months. Honestly, the
> publisher/developers have really screwed up on this one. The game's
> graphics engine was already dated when it was announced 18 months ago and
> the delays have really done some damage to the game. It's a fantastic sim
> in terms of car/track physics and 3D modelling but the sequel will need to
> improve in every other area 3-fold if it's going to become the king of

sims.
> I hear the netcode is very good in 1.2 but there's so many other oddities
> that happen in multiplayer mainly to do with the starting grid that give

it
> a very shoddy feel. The Starforce thing is also a major pain which only
> hinders legitimate users - pirates will just go play something else or use
> one of the workarounds to play the game.

Ah an expert, just when you need one ;-(

There still isn't a release date for the International version, so 2 months
is a guess.

The net code has been fine from 1.0 to 1.21, I've had no problems, but then
I missed the bugged patch they released ;-)

Never seen any start grid issues, on or offline.

Never had any issues with Starforce either, with GTR or TRD2.

Anyone with an interest in the GT racing should buy the German version and
with a couple of changes (delete the contents of one file and overwrite the
pit speech files) the game is back to English and playable by anyone.

Stop complaining and get out there and play!

Old December 30th 04, 04:32 PM
Tiny Lund

"This news is nearly two weeks old. I think most here are aware of it.

Is there any reason why you posted it?"

I'm sorry. Did I waste your time?

Old December 30th 04, 04:48 PM
Marc Collins

Considering that there was no actual release date in the announcement from
two weeks ago and that was an issue, then yes, your post was inappropriate
as it suggested that a "real" announcement had now been made.

Marc