Grand Caravan 93 3.3

Old February 27th 05, 03:22 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 wrote:

www.engrish.com

> I love it !
> Thanks, Daniel.
>
> It reminds me of spam from The Orient, translated
> into English worse than Babelfish.

Same here. On a package of kelp: "It is the seaweed plant. The tastes is
offensive and fresh-delicious. The god for gnarl, goiter and."

Old February 27th 05, 10:48 PM
ncs

Ok, I found the Ox-Gard, took out the SBEC (PCM) or Engine Control Module,
took it out and checked the pins. They really looked very good, no
corrosion, shiny and clean. I applied the Ox-Gard and put it back together.
We'll see what happens. While I had the everything apart I checked the
wires pretty well and did not see any obvious problems. After I got it back
together, I started it up and again checked the wires and lightly tapped the
computer to see if I could cause the car to stop or at least skip a beat.
No luck, so I'll drive it and see if it stops again.

thanks,
Nick

n.umich.edu...

Old February 27th 05, 10:54 PM
maxpower

"ncs" > wrote in message ...
> Ok, I found the Ox-Gard, took out the SBEC (PCM) or Engine Control Module,
> took it out and checked the pins. They really looked very good, no
> corrosion, shiny and clean. I applied the Ox-Gard and put it back

together.
> We'll see what happens. While I had the everything apart I checked the
> wires pretty well and did not see any obvious problems. After I got it

back
> together, I started it up and again checked the wires and lightly tapped

the
> computer to see if I could cause the car to stop or at least skip a beat.
> No luck, so I'll drive it and see if it stops again.
>
> thanks,
> Nick

Nick, The dealer has a tool called "co-pilot" that is used to locate
intermittent problems such as the one you are having. It snaps a picture of
what the PCM was doing when the problem occured.
All you do is push a button when it acts up and then the data is downloaded
and read, If the technician cant see what caused it he can send the data off
to Chrysler to have it read.
It is a very good tool for this kind of problem. Normally the charge would
be 1 hr labor

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
> n.umich.edu...
> > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Treeline wrote:
> >
> >> Before you apply the goo, you might want to clean things if you can.
> >> I've used alcohol and files and screwdrivers and whatever else I can
> >> on connections in general.

> > Pin-type connectors on engine computers generally respond well to a
> > dozen-pack of standard wooden pencils. Push the eraser straight down

onto
> > each pin, then pull it straight up, move over to the next pin(s) and
> > repeat, changing to a new pencil when the eraser you're working with

gets
> > tattered.
> >
> >> I've used the goo DS mentions on regular household connections and then
> >> you can feel warm sockets become cool because the electrons are moving
> >> more swiftly and happily.

> > I think the GB people who make Ox-Gard ought to replace their present
> > descriptive blurb with yours. :-)
> >
> > DS

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old February 28th 05, 03:07 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, ncs wrote:

> Ok, I found the Ox-Gard, took out the SBEC (PCM) or Engine Control
> Module, took it out and checked the pins. They really looked very good,
> no corrosion, shiny and clean. I applied the Ox-Gard and put it back
> together. We'll see what happens. While I had the everything apart I
> checked the wires pretty well and did not see any obvious problems.
> After I got it back together, I started it up and again checked the
> wires and lightly tapped the computer to see if I could cause the car to
> stop or at least skip a beat. No luck, so I'll drive it and see if it
> stops again.

There y'go.

DS
Old March 2nd 05, 01:31 AM
mic canic

take a hair dryer to it and get it good and hot then it might act up

Old March 2nd 05, 09:05 PM
ncs

Update: I've also had a problem starting this van. I would have to turn
the key off and on 2 to 3 times before it would start. It would crank fine
but just not fire. After consulting with this board and nearly eliminating
all other issues, I was convinced I might have a leaking injector(s). But
since I applied the Ox-Gard and put it back together, the car starts on the
first key on. It still cranks a second or so, but I don't have to turn the
key off and back on a few times. The pins looked good. The only thing I
can think of is maybe some pin(s) were compressed together and not making a
good connection. I noticed the pin(s) are notched and maybe some were too
close together. Sounds like a long shot, but that's the only thing I did.
We'll see.

thanks,
Nick