96 Honda Accord daylight running lights problem

Old February 17th 05, 02:22 AM
me

Default 96 Honda Accord daylight running lights problem

I have an intermittent problem with Daylight Running Lights in my 96 Accord.
My Daylight Running Lights fail to come on and it's indicating light on the
dashboard comes on.
This is only happening after the car has been run for a while, tuned off
then turned on again while still hot. It does not happen when you first
start the car, nor does it came on if you run the car for a long time when
started from cold.
When it does happen I also loose the High Beam on the passenger side only.
My local electrical shop already changed a couple of things and all the
bulbs but no success.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Mike Edwards

Old February 17th 05, 04:15 AM
Nightdude

The relay must have a cold solder. I had to resolder all the joints to fix
it. It should be next to the glove box on the right side of the car.

You'll notice that your high beams will also not work.

Old February 18th 05, 09:09 PM
Eric

I have the same problem on my 91 Accord which is Canada version. It turns
out solder joints crack. You need to find out the day time running light
module, open it and do the soldering job.

Eric