Chrysler: Introduce Tire Options

Old January 15th 05, 12:08 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Default Chrysler: Introduce Tire Options

The Old America is going down the tubes, did you not say in a recent thread?

DAS
---

[...]

Old January 28th 05, 04:12 AM
KaWallski

You are on drugs.

My Durango with Goofy 15 inch tires from goodyear wallowed All over the
frikken road. It is and Was simply scary to drive.

The 17" on the R/T models is/were better.

I put 45 series 20" Toyo Proxes that are less than 1 percent different in
hieght (thus no Speedo error) on the truck and was simply amazed at how well
the truck felt, drove and cornered.

When Winter came around and I stuck the factory wheels with 15's back on I
was scared driving the thing cause it was such a sloppy drive.

Don't tell me low profile is not better - it is just a function of finding
the right tread, sidewall height and combination. Granted I would not take
the Durango off road with lower profile street tires. Nor would I go over a
6 " deep pothole.

The area of contact was similar to original but only due to SHAPE of tire -
not the profile.

Get Real Norm.

"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
> I get most of my new car info from Consumer Reports. I especially like

the
> spec page which itemizes details of interest to sophisticates.
>
> Aspect ratio of tires are getting lower and lower, folks! Even among
> "economy" models, I've seen them as low as -55.
>
> Does Chrysler actually think they are going to sell the older crowd cars
> which appear as though they're riding on the rims? I'm not even in that
> catagory, but resist these lower profile tires. I'm not alone either,

from