Tweaking 04 CR-V alignment

Old November 10th 04, 03:48 AM
Nobody

Default Tweaking 04 CR-V alignment

Just had an alignment done. Rear toe is .07/.09 which is fine. Dealer set
left front toe to 0 which is what it should be and the right front toe
-0.01 for some reason. As minor as this may seem, I can feel it. A little
too loose for me and a it's little twitchy on the highway...not horrible,
but it's there. Dealer has refused to tweak the right in to 0, saying
-0.01 is in spec (which it is).

I am considering just tweaking it in a little myself, but I want an idea of
how much, say, one complete 360 degree rotation of a tie rod will affect
the alignment. Any techs out there who can give me an idea? If not, I can
just tweak it a 1/4 turn at a time until it feels right. Worst case, I'll
just have to pay for another alignment. The spec on the CR-V is a mile
wide anyway.

As an addendum, I had an 03 CR-V which another dealer did an alignment on
where they set both front wheels to +0.04. That one handled
excellent...super tight. Unfortunately, they set the rear to .13/.06 which
resulted (I presume since it never happened before) in the rear
occasionally squirming on the highway. I use this dealer for all my
service, but their alignments generally stink, so I won't go there for
that.

Alignment? Problem john smith Corvette 4 January 22nd 05 03:07 PM
Alignment specs for E46 ZHP Jason G BMW 0 January 11th 05 10:23 PM
2003 A4 1.8t Alignment suppy Audi 1 November 7th 04 06:13 PM
'96 New Yorker Engine Cradle Bushing Alignment Sam Chrysler 4 October 22nd 04 05:27 PM