Finally..

Old September 15th 04, 06:41 PM
Bert Kanters

"MeatballTurbo" > schreef in bericht
t...
> In article >, says...
> > As long as you try to disguise your Beta as a Stratos, remember
> > that the Stratos has a V6 engine. Obviously you would have to
> > shovel an alfa V6 into the rear of the Beta.. :-)
> >

> I thought it had a Ferrari V8?
> --

That was another Lancia! The Thema 8.32 actually, you needed 2 of them to
have a chance of be able to drive one. They were not very properly developed
cars despite the engine as such is very good and dependable (in the Ferrari
308).

There are people building Stratos replicas with the Ferrari V8, at least one
that I know off. Though a replica with an Alfa V6 could be/would be just as
fast I think.

Old September 16th 04, 06:30 AM
Thomas Strandtoft

George Graves wrote:

> and handles like a dream. Outwardly, it looks just like a Stratos, only
> the glassfibre body panels and tubular chassis give it away as not being
> a real Lancia.

That, and the fact that the kitkars are often better assembled
than the original.. :-)

--
Hygge..
Thomas

<http://www.carftp.com> - a library of car videos.
Old September 16th 04, 01:51 PM
Bert Kanters

The Alfa V6 will also sound more like the Dino V6, compared to the flat
crank Ferrari V8, which sounds like 2x inline-4. The Ferrari V8 does sound
good at above 4000 rpm, and REALLY good at 7000! Haven't heard that sound in
26 months, sigh...( www.ferrari308.tk )

"Thomas Strandtoft" > schreef in bericht

Old September 16th 04, 06:56 PM
George Graves

In article >,
Thomas Strandtoft > wrote:

> George Graves wrote:
>
> > and handles like a dream. Outwardly, it looks just like a Stratos, only
> > the glassfibre body panels and tubular chassis give it away as not being
> > a real Lancia.

> That, and the fact that the kitkars are often better assembled
> than the original.. :-)

There must be very few Stratos in the USA, as I've only seen one, and
that was on the street about 25 years ago. They don't even show-up at
Concorso Italiano in Monterey, CA. (everything else does. There were
almost 600 Ferraris and 400 Alfas on the green this year. That's more
Ferraris than have ever been assembled in one place at one time, AFAIK.)
So, anyway, I've never seen the build quality on a real Stratos, but I
do know that this particular Hawk HF3000 Is "the business" as Mark Evans
would say.

--
George Graves

Every guy owes himself at least one Ferrari before he dies
Old September 16th 04, 09:24 PM
Thomas Strandtoft

Bert Kanters wrote:

> The Alfa V6 will also sound more like the Dino V6, compared to the flat
> crank Ferrari V8, which sounds like 2x inline-4. The Ferrari V8 does sound
> good at above 4000 rpm, and REALLY good at 7000! Haven't heard that sound in
> 26 months, sigh...( www.ferrari308.tk )

You're still working on that 288 conversion?