Did my headlight bushings today (C4)

Old July 24th 05, 09:26 PM
RicSeyler

Default Did my headlight bushings today (C4)

A piece of cake!! Did both sides in under an hour and a half...
It was valuable to use the Photo-instructions off the web, there
was one allen head that had to be loosened only to get one of the
motor mount bolts out. I would of had to scratch my head on
that one for while.

Nothing but powder inside.
Can't believe I put it off for so long. :-) LOL

--
Ric Seyler

Old July 24th 05, 10:40 PM
Greg

Never heard of anyone having any problems with the headlights on a c4.
;<{ )
But i think you beat most peoples time on this repair.
Greg

Old July 25th 05, 02:34 AM
Paul H.

RicSeyler wrote:
> A piece of cake!! Did both sides in under an hour and a half...
> It was valuable to use the Photo-instructions off the web, there
> was one allen head that had to be loosened only to get one of the
> motor mount bolts out. I would of had to scratch my head on
> that one for while.
>
> Nothing but powder inside.
> Can't believe I put it off for so long. :-) LOL

RESPECT !!! Not "undieing respect" just plain respect. I've done four
C4s and a Pontiac. Never come close to 1.5 hours. Congrats, Bravo
Zulu, Well Done !

Paul H.
Old July 25th 05, 03:25 PM
Charlie Funk

Never come close to 1.5 hours.

Me either. It takes almost that long just to drink two six packs, let alone
take something apart and put it back together. By the way, be careful
because it's possible to reassemble incorrectly and the lights open in the
control switch closed position and vice versa. Maybe that was the time I
had three six packs. Can't remember.

Charlie

Old July 25th 05, 04:11 PM
RicSeyler

LOL ???
4 10mm nuts and 2 bolts and 1 connector on each bucket, had them out in
15 min..
tapped out the roll pin and taped the arm into original position, 3
bolts on the motor cover
(after loosening the allen head and removing the other), off came the
gear cover, blew
out the mess, popped in the pellets, a little spray lith grease on the
gear teeth and back
together.... what took me the longest was getting the right side gear
out of the housing
and aligning the buckets with the hood.

Seriously the '94 was a piece of cake.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old July 26th 05, 05:04 PM
Charlie Funk

>what took me the longest was getting the right side gear out of the housing
and aligning the buckets with the hood.

It must have been the beverages.

Charlie

Old July 26th 05, 10:56 PM
RicSeyler

Charlie Funk wrote:

>>what took me the longest was getting the right side gear out of the housing
>>

>and aligning the buckets with the hood.
>
>It must have been the beverages.

Naaa..... just Anal Retentive Adrian Monkism! LOLOLOL
I had some wood wedges I used to get them just right before
tightening the bucket assemblies down!

Old July 26th 05, 11:00 PM
RicSeyler

LOL
I used tape on the arm and actuator link to keep them in their original
position,
I was worried about that too after looking at it on the bench. I said to
myself
I'll bet that could spin backwards Iff'in I hook it up wrong . You
confirmed it!
LOLOL

Old July 26th 05, 11:21 PM
Charlie Funk

It must have been the beverages.

That took me so long to do the bushings. )

I'll bet there is a relationship between project time and how much beer you drink, but I'm not sure what it is.

Charlie
"RicSeyler" > wrote in message ...

Charlie Funk wrote:

what took me the longest was getting the right side gear out of the housing
and aligning the buckets with the hood.

It must have been the beverages.Naaa..... just Anal Retentive Adrian Monkism! LOLOLOL

Old July 27th 05, 02:46 AM
CardsFan

"Charlie Funk" > wrote in message

>I'll bet there is a relationship between project time and how much beer you
>drink, but I'm not sure >what it is.

Whatever that relationship is, I'll bet it isn't linear. I'll also bet
there's a correlation between the amount of beer consumed, the number of
wrenches dropped and the number of knuckles skinned.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (now with no coolant leak)

Strut rod failure due to polyurethane bushings Evan Ford Mustang 6 June 4th 05 09:00 PM
'94 Headlight gear bushings (R&R assembly or just motor) RicSeyler Corvette 5 May 17th 05 05:28 AM
Bad Headlight Relay? Lynn Martin VW air cooled 1 May 12th 05 10:57 PM
Two visitors today! XS11E Mazda 2 March 4th 05 05:43 AM
Collision damage to aluminum hood + headlight assembly shattered y_p_w Technology 24 December 15th 04 01:22 AM