The FIT is a 2002 Civic Si redesigned...

Old April 14th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default The FIT is a 2002 Civic Si redesigned...

I saw the new FIT on the website. It looks good but kind of small and a
little like the 2002 Si and a little like a Matrix or a Focus.

Honda has alot of great cars. I like the CRV, just don't like the fact
that the Forester beats it in the snow, or so what I heard. I think
Honda needs to make a really affordable 4wd car thats like the FIT.

Just my thoughts.
Al

Old April 14th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

In article om>,
"Herpster1966" > wrote:

> I saw the new FIT on the website. It looks good but kind of small and a
> little like the 2002 Si and a little like a Matrix or a Focus.
>
> Honda has alot of great cars. I like the CRV, just don't like the fact
> that the Forester beats it in the snow, or so what I heard. I think
> Honda needs to make a really affordable 4wd car thats like the FIT.
>
> Just my thoughts.
> Al

Al,
You are probably correct that the FIT and Si share some similarities.

If you want to learn more about the Fit Sport, I suggest that you
buy the May, 2006 issues of "Car and Driver" and "Honda Tuning" (magazines).

I learned from one of the articles that
"The Fit is sold in more than 70 countries and is known in Europe as the Jazz."
The article did not state how many years that it has been sold in Europe.
Does anyone know?--it's my guess that it has been sold in Europe for at
least 5 or more years.

In other words, they took the Jazz and done everything they needed to
do--such as adding the pollution control equipment required in various
states--to make it legal to sell in America. I seem to recall reading in
one of the articles (but could be wrong) that the Honda Fit Sport has a
more powerful engine than the Jazz. In other words, the Honda Fit Sport is
more similar to the Jazz than it is to the 2002.
Ja

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Old April 15th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Well I am not really thinking of buying one, just think its a nice
idea. I am pretty sold on the Accords, providing I can keep affording
to lease new ones every 3 years )

There are some things I wanted to see in the previous accords and they
were added to the new ones. I would still like to see HID lights, which
could be made an option for 500 dollars, and that way thieves wouldnt
know which one has it and which doesnt, if they are combing a parking
lot for bulbs.

Al

Old April 16th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Herpster1966 wrote:
> Well I am not really thinking of buying one, just think its a nice
> idea. I am pretty sold on the Accords, providing I can keep affording
> to lease new ones every 3 years )
>
> There are some things I wanted to see in the previous accords and they
> were added to the new ones. I would still like to see HID lights, which
> could be made an option for 500 dollars, and that way thieves wouldnt
> know which one has it and which doesnt, if they are combing a parking
> lot for bulbs.
>
> Al

i think they just hit the cars they KNOW have em, like all maximas?