One of These Days I'm Really Gonna Do it I Swear to God...

Old March 12th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default One of These Days I'm Really Gonna Do it I Swear to God...

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>snip<
> Maybe what I need are some bumper stickers with really strong glue
> that I can slap onto the backs of these vehicles. The stickers would
> say something like "WARNING: I don't stop for red lights!" or "I
> flatten pedestrians for breakfast." Something that won't cause any
> actual damage, but will be damned annoying to remove...
>snip<

Heh, I have some blanks die-cut of a 3M destructible-vinyl material. They
come apart when you try to peel them off. Wonderful material, a real PITA to
remove from anything. (other than glass,...with a razor blade) I have used
them in parking lots. Write your desired message with a Sharpie, and enjoy
the satisfaction of knowing how inconvenienced/infuriated _they_ will be
when they attempt removal.

Juvenile? You bet! But...oh soooo satisfying.

Hmm, maybe I oughta look into marketing these.
--
John C. (easily amused)

Old March 13th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"John C." > wrote in news:b9ZQf.3603$Ub.2153@trndny07:

> Heh, I have some blanks die-cut of a 3M destructible-vinyl material.
> They come apart when you try to peel them off. Wonderful material, a
> real PITA to remove from anything. (other than glass,...with a razor
> blade) I have used them in parking lots. Write your desired message
> with a Sharpie, and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing how
> inconvenienced/infuriated _they_ will be when they attempt removal.
>
> Juvenile? You bet!

Actually a form of VANDALISM.
It's not any different than if you spraypainted their car.
It costs time and money to remove it(either one),and you would not like it
if someone did the same to YOUR vehicle.

So,essentially,you are advocating vandalism to others vehicles for
something you just didn't like.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 13th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
.. .
> "John C." > wrote in news:b9ZQf.3603$Ub.2153@trndny07:
>

> > Heh, I have some blanks die-cut of a 3M destructible-vinyl material.
> > They come apart when you try to peel them off. Wonderful material, a
> > real PITA to remove from anything. (other than glass,...with a razor
> > blade) I have used them in parking lots. Write your desired message
> > with a Sharpie, and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing how
> > inconvenienced/infuriated _they_ will be when they attempt removal.
> >
> > Juvenile? You bet!

> Actually a form of VANDALISM.
> It's not any different than if you spraypainted their car.

Very different, in reality. The material I speak of is used for
manufacturing parking stickers for many organizations. The "destructible"
quality of the material is to prevent removal and transfer of the sticker
between vehicles. No damage involved.
--
John C.

Old March 13th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"John C." > wrote in news:Z65Rf.990$Vb.897@trndny01:

> "Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "John C." > wrote in news:b9ZQf.3603$Ub.2153@trndny07:
>>

>> > Heh, I have some blanks die-cut of a 3M destructible-vinyl material.
>> > They come apart when you try to peel them off. Wonderful material, a
>> > real PITA to remove from anything. (other than glass,...with a razor
>> > blade) I have used them in parking lots. Write your desired message
>> > with a Sharpie, and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing how
>> > inconvenienced/infuriated _they_ will be when they attempt removal.
>> >
>> > Juvenile? You bet!

>> Actually a form of VANDALISM.
>> It's not any different than if you spraypainted their car.

> Very different, in reality. The material I speak of is used for
> manufacturing parking stickers for many organizations. The "destructible"
> quality of the material is to prevent removal and transfer of the sticker
> between vehicles. No damage involved.

You spoke of placing them on "other than glass",IOW;PAINT,where damage
WOULD occur if the person tried to remove it. By your own words,they must
be scraped off(with a RAZOR BLADE),and doing that on painted surfaces
causes damage.
You intend damage to their vehicle,thus vandalism.

Besides,defacing a vehicle(by placing stickers on it) still is vandalism.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 13th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:

> Actually a form of VANDALISM.
> It's not any different than if you spraypainted their car.
> It costs time and money to remove it(either one),and you would not like it
> if someone did the same to YOUR vehicle.
>
> So,essentially,you are advocating vandalism to others vehicles for
> something you just didn't like.

I'll admit to something I did a couple of years ago. First, I am not
the type to do a sneak vandalism on people's property, and this
was the only time in my life I've done anything like this, but just
this once I thought it appropriate. I'm much more a face-to-face
type, and if I have a problem with someone, I like to talk to THEM
about it, not do something sneaky like this, but again, I did it
anyway
this time, as I thought it was the best way to handle it.

I'm a runner (and sometimes biker). I very often train along a road
that leads to a national park where I also train. I came to notice a
particular woman I'd see occasionally. This middle-aged bitch was
hell behind the wheel of that Lexus SUV of hers. This road has
a bike/runner lane, which I always stay within, and I have seen
some jackass drivers in my time (I've also seen some jackass runners
and bikers, but they're not as potentially deadly as someone behind
3,000 lbs. of speeding equipment). But this g.d. woman...every
frigging
time I'd see her, she'd be flying down the road, far beyond the speed
limit; she also had no problem whooshing past people running or biking,
leaving little room for error. She was also an incurable tailgater to
other
cars. This old bitch needed something to yank her ass in
line...wake-up
call if you will.

So, one day I was out there, and I saw her pulling into the national
park
parking lot (going the wrong way of course). We had a close call
the day before as she was flying out of the lot and not looking or
slowing
down to see if anyone was near the entrance. She most accomodatingly
**backed** her SUV up into a space that left her rear only facing
woods.
Sweet! So I scooted home (I live very nearby), got myself an indelible
magic marker (black ink) and did the dirty deed. In LARGE letters, I
wrote
on the back: RECKLESS DRIVER!!! Since she was backed in, there's
no telling how much she drove around, never knowing it was back
there.
***I have not seen that woman ever again***!!!! Think she learned a
lesson?
Hell, I probably saved a life or two.

--
Flores

Old March 13th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> On 13 Mar 2006 13:22:53 GMT, Jim Yanik > wrote:

>>Besides,defacing a vehicle(by placing stickers on it) still is vandalism.

> So the cop who places the big orange sticker on a car that has been
> parked in the same place for too long is "vandalizing" it?

They use stickers? Over here, they just put the parking ticket under
the windshield wiper.
Old March 13th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Hardly. Paint causes permanent damage to the surface underneath; the
> sticker is just a PITA to remove but leaves no trace once removed.
>
> >It costs time and money to remove it(either one),and you would not like it
> >if someone did the same to YOUR vehicle.

> Except I don't cut off pedestrians who have a legal WALK sign, so why
> would one of them slap a sticker onto my car?

Maybe LBMHBF would do it after you speed.... see, justification can be
found anywhere... so....

Your advocation of vandalizing someone else's property is no different
from our resident nutcase throwing marbles out the window at cars that
tailgate.

Whether or not something does permanent damage does not justify
vandalism, and neither does whether or not the driver needs a
bitch-slapping.

Old March 13th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Arif Khokar wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>
>> On 13 Mar 2006 13:22:53 GMT, Jim Yanik > wrote:

>>>Besides,defacing a vehicle(by placing stickers on it) still is vandalism.

>> So the cop who places the big orange sticker on a car that has been
>> parked in the same place for too long is "vandalizing" it?

> They use stickers? Over here, they just put the parking ticket under
> the windshield wiper.

On private property (some) where a vehicle may be towed and in some
instances the police a bright orange warning sticker is placed on the
vehicle some perscribed amount of time before it's towed. It's usually
placed on the driver's side window and is apparently difficult to remove
as I have seen a number of cars with these stickers partly removed.

Old March 13th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Brent P:
> On private property (some) where a vehicle may be towed and in some
> instances the police a bright orange warning sticker is placed on the
> vehicle some perscribed amount of time before it's towed. It's usually
> placed on the driver's side window and is apparently difficult to remove
> as I have seen a number of cars with these stickers partly removed.

I've seen those around here. Usually they are on beaters that have
broken down and have been left along the right of way of the road for
several days. Never bothered to get up close to one to read it, so I
awlays assumed that it was a signal to the tow truck drivers to haul the
car off.
Old March 13th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
.. .
> "John C." > wrote in news:Z65Rf.990$Vb.897@trndny01:
>

> > "Jim Yanik" > wrote in message
> > .. .

> >> Actually a form of VANDALISM.
> >> It's not any different than if you spraypainted their car.

> > Very different, in reality. The material I speak of is used for
> > manufacturing parking stickers for many organizations. The

"destructible"
> > quality of the material is to prevent removal and transfer of the

sticker
> > between vehicles. No damage involved.

> You spoke of placing them on "other than glass",IOW;PAINT,where damage
> WOULD occur if the person tried to remove it. By your own words,they must
> be scraped off(with a RAZOR BLADE),and doing that on painted surfaces
> causes damage.
> You intend damage to their vehicle,thus vandalism.

LOL, I _never_ said they _must_ be scraped off.

It seemed clear to me when written, I'm sorry if it was confusing to
anyone.

What was intended to be conveyed by my statement (and comment in
parenthesis); **a real pain in the ass to remove from anything, other than
glass, where they are easily removed with a razor blade**

The adhesive itself isn't particularly aggressive. The "pain in the ass
factor" is the tendency of the material to tear into little pieces when
removed. Removal could be frustrating, but would't take more than a couple
minutes. If it came off in one piece, that would be way too easy and might
not be as memorable an experience for the inconsiderate moron. They are
supposed to _learn_ from the experience.

Although, with the intellect demonstrated by the way some of these twits
park, I would not be the least bit surprised if some of them attempted
removal with a die grinder, or plasma cutter. IOW, if they're that stupid,
screw 'em!
--
John C.