97 Grand Cherokee w/ V8- anyone own/owned?

Old May 13th 05, 02:32 PM
Paw

Default 97 Grand Cherokee w/ V8- anyone own/owned?

Hey all, Anyone own a 97 Grand Cherokee with the V8? I've looked at one
yesterday and was wondering what people thought of the engine, and overall
reliability of the 97 model year for the Grand..

Anyone have the quadra-trac from those years? Any issues that I should be
aware of? I've read about premature wear on the u-joints because of
full-time 4wd?

Thanks,
Paul

Old May 13th 05, 06:04 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The little small block has proven it's self since '57:
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/318.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 13th 05, 06:24 PM
Howard

I have a 97 GC with the V8 and full time 4WD. I have about 83,000
miles with about 15,000 miles towing a 4,000# travel trailer to and
through places like Yellowstone, Glacier and the Canadian Rockies (from
Philadelphia). I have enough dents underneath to prove I go off road.

The only major repair was a new rear differental at 40,000 miles.
Since I had spotted the problem at 6,000 and made Jeep note it on the
service records the cost for that repair to me was $0. Chrysler also
had to repair a small oil leak at the intake manifold at 28K.

I have replaced the belts after 8 years, the hoses will be replaced
shortly and have had twotune ups, two batteries and one set of
replacement tires. And plenty of oil and fluid changes. No other
repair work on engine, transmission, exhaust system. Three sets of
front brakes, two sets of rotors. And a set of sway bar links. No U
joint problems.

I keep my vehicles at least 8 years and this one is a keeper. I'm
happy.

Old May 13th 05, 10:34 PM
Paw

Hi Howard, THanks for the info and writeup

Paul

oups.com...