T-5 in my 66

Old April 30th 05, 07:11 AM

Default T-5 in my 66

I just got my '66 coupe back with a brand new T-5 tranny and I don't
have words to express how much better it is. It had a 3 speed manual
that I hated from the first day I drove it. It is like a totally
different car now. If you are even slightly pondering a switch, DO
IT!!! Sorry for my enthusiasm but I'm a bit giddy right now.

Mike

Old April 30th 05, 04:54 PM

I rebuilt the original linkage. It's amazing how much better it works
when you replace all of the missing bushings. I've heard the cable
replacement doesn't last very long.

Old May 1st 05, 03:38 PM
JS

In my experience with the late model cars, stock Ford cables last quite a
long time, but the aftermarket replacements either snap or wear through the
lining in a very short period. Unless the cable conversion kit used a stock
Ford part or a FRPP/Ford Motorsport part, I'd be leary of using it.

JS

oups.com...

Old May 2nd 05, 04:56 PM
Mark C.

So, how much did that conversion cost?

--
Mark

Old May 4th 05, 03:52 PM
mtdubvee

what kind of mottor are you running with your t5? did the tranny bolt
right up? what all did you have to change? i am int4rested in doing the
same thing and i was just wondering. thanks