NA Headlamp Replacements

Old January 13th 05, 10:25 PM

Default NA Headlamp Replacements

Has anyone replaced their headlamps with the OSRAM Silverstar high
performance halogens?

Old January 14th 05, 09:31 PM
Larry Gadbois

I wouldn't want to replace my headlamps. As an owner of both NA and NB
series, I am impressed with the performance and reliability of the Original
Equipment lighting. I have never had a failure on either car, and the
lighting is more than adequate for my driving.

ups.com...

Old January 14th 05, 11:42 PM
chuckk

The Miata is very sensitive to lamps that draw more current or run hotter
than the stock lamps. Either can cause damage that is expensive to repair.

ups.com...

Old January 15th 05, 04:28 AM
Kempi

I have Silverstars in my NB.
They are 55W as the original equipment and are DOT approved.
Yes, the light is stronger and much whiter, without that cheap stupid "blue"
look.
First set went after 8 months (within 2 days) and I do not have day running
lights.
At $20 a piece, this make ca $60 a year. Not cheap.

Regards,
Kempi

'01 silver

Old January 15th 05, 08:18 PM
Kempi

I have Silverstars in my NB.
They are 55W as the original equipment and are DOT approved.
Yes, the light is stronger and much whiter, without that cheap stupid "blue"
look.
First set went after 8 months (within 2 days) and I do not have day running
lights.
At $20 a piece, this make ca $60 a year. Not cheap.

Regards,
Kempi

'01 silver

Water Leak from Headlamp Washers Will Downie Alfa Romeo 0 November 18th 04 12:29 PM
Kudos to Bill Hodgson! Chrysler New Yorker Headlamp Replacement Chico Chrysler 1 October 31st 04 01:14 AM
2003 Accord Headlamp Change? Make sure you have these... Gene S. Berkowitz Honda 0 October 17th 04 01:23 AM
Headlamp washer problem Ronny Audi 3 July 10th 04 02:05 AM
advert: automatic headlamp control Frank Scully Antique cars 0 September 16th 03 01:26 AM