manufacturer rebuilt vs indy rebuilt transmission

Old December 4th 04, 12:06 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Nate Nagel wrote:

> > Go to SCAAMCO transmission, get a "spray paint rebuild", a triple
> > overcharge, and a worthless lifetime warranty at extra cost.

> hey, don't knock the rattle can rebuild. I've done many a generator,
> alternator, and starter with just new brushes, bearings if it needs
> them, and a little grease and a fresh coat of Krylon semi-gloss black

That's not a rattle can rebuild. A rattle can rebuild is "Fix whatever
minor problem exists with the transmission, temporarily or permanently,
clean and paint the housing, and charge for a full overhaul". SCAAMCO has
been caught at it numerous times over the years and has always managed to
slime its way out of it with "We didn't do it, yer awner, but we promise
never to do it again."

Old December 5th 04, 06:59 AM
RPhillips47

"nospam.clare" wrote:

>The independent shop, if a good one, will do every bit as good a job.
>Here in Ontario, Mr Transmission will do it for about 2300 with a full
>warranty.
>
>Chrysler you get 20,000km or one year, if you are lucky.

Why would Chrysler offer less of a warranty in Canada than they do in the
U.S.(3 yrs/36,000miles)................and just what is the "full warranty"
from Mr. Transmission??????????????/
Old December 5th 04, 06:59 AM
RPhillips47

Old December 5th 04, 12:32 PM
maxpower

If it is a Chrysler rebuilt it should have a 3/36 warranty
om...

Old December 5th 04, 12:32 PM
maxpower

Old December 5th 04, 02:13 PM
HarryS

The question should be, is a Chrysler RE-Manufactured Transmission better
than a RE-Built one and the answer is yes. When any of the auto makers sell
a transmission it is re-manufactured meaning it is repaired to OEM
specifications and if there any up grades over the years they are also done
especially in the valve body assembly. A re-build is just replacing worn
out parts and every thing else stays. Is it worth the extra money that is
up to you. Would I pay the extra money hell yes you are getting a far
superior product than a re-build.

HarryS