So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Old January 8th 05, 06:05 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

>Jim Yanik Jan 7, 6:13 pm

>I speed most of the time,and haven't killed anyone in 35 years of

driving.

How many kids have you put in wheelchairs for life? You pedal-philes
are more dangerous to kids than the pedophiles.

Old January 8th 05, 06:08 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

>>>Max Jan 7, 3:12 pm
Because, that was entirely the idea behind the 55mph speed limit, and
there is no reason that you should be heavily penalized (or penalized
at
all IMO) for driving at a safe speed that may be "fast".
Translation - URACRIMINALCODDLER

Old January 8th 05, 06:08 AM

Old January 8th 05, 06:10 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

There shouldn't be any penalty at all for speeding, only reckless
driving. If we abolished all speed limits and expected a little more
responsibility from our drivers, we might actually make the roads
safer.

Translation - URACRIMINALCODDLER

Old January 8th 05, 06:10 AM

Old January 8th 05, 08:42 PM

Here in Ontario, Photo radar was introduced years ago on controlled
access highways only when the government was running a serious spending
deficit, and bevame desperate for any source of cash. They quickly
found out that each $220,000 photo radar equiped van would generate
$16,000,000 annually. There were several vans in use (I can't remember
how many). The next election saw a different party in office, and they
turfed photo radar. Now, several years later, we have another serious
government overspending problem.

At least this time the government was honest when they proposed the
return of photo radar: they openly stated it has NOTHING TO DO WITH
SAFETY. IT'S THE REVENUE ONLY!

Old January 8th 05, 08:56 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Jan 7, 12:50 pm

Speeders
> haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and who
> then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all

people
> speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization

is
> incorrect.
>
> Most of the people in prison never killed anyone. Half of them are

drug
> users whose "crime" didn't even have the possibility of killing

anyone.

So you admit your proposition makes no sense? Most speeders haven't
killed anyone either. Therefore it is ridiculous to suggest more than
whatever minimal fine there is.

Old January 8th 05, 08:56 PM

Old January 9th 05, 02:41 AM
Magnulus

Collision at 75 vs. 55 mph has alot more energy behind it= a higher risk
of injury/death. Much higher.

Speeding should be cracked down on. Most people are not that great
drivers, and almost half of them are driving vehicles that are prone to poor
breaking and poor traction on pavement- SUV's and trucks.