why am i not surprised...

Old June 16th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default why am i not surprised...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1J7d...20rips%20o ff

Old June 16th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

stevie wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1J7d...20rips%20o ff

A wise person once said "the less people touch my car, the better off I
am."

Old June 17th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

My last trip into Iffy Lube, I was read off the things they did and one was
'replace the drain plug, $3.00'. Mind you, no one walked over and said I
needed it replaced or even showed me the 'bad' one. Just 'here is you
bill.' I gave them, and later the regional office, a good piece of my mind
on that. They sent me a certificate for a 1/2 price oil change. DUH! Fool
me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

It was 'only' 3 bucks, and I considered it cheap enlightenment. I could
have been ripped off a lot worse, based on the video. I now use a small
local shop, just a couple of guys, but it's less expensive and I have
confidence in their ability and integrity.

Old June 17th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Another scheme I have seen...I noticed I always seemed to be 1/2 qt low when
leaving a certain oil service place. They buy the house oil in bulk and pump
it in like gas, so shorting just a 1/2 qt would really make some difference
to them after a while. I now request a specific type or bring in quart
bottles of other than the house oil to be sure I get all of it.

=Vic=
Bear Gap, PA

Old June 19th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Vic Klein wrote:
> Another scheme I have seen...I noticed I always seemed to be 1/2 qt low when
> leaving a certain oil service place. They buy the house oil in bulk and pump
> it in like gas, so shorting just a 1/2 qt would really make some difference
> to them after a while. I now request a specific type or bring in quart
> bottles of other than the house oil to be sure I get all of it.
>
> =Vic=
> Bear Gap, PA

or you could check it before you drive off and have them add 1/2 qt