Odd brake question

Old June 13th 10, 02:22 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Sara Brown

Default Odd brake question

Hello. We have a 1994 Dodge Caravan. Long story short the passenger
side calpiper froze up like 8 months ago and we just tied it up out of
the way and drove it more carefully. Anyway, finally got a new
caliper, rotor, pads but found the lower section of hose had gotten a
kink in it from being bent out of the way. OK got a new hose but once
it was hooked up neither side would work and the peddle went to the
floor. Tried bleeding the system and there was very little fluid or
air coming out of the passenger side but a lot on the drivers side.
Only when we put the old kinked/blocked hose back on the passenger
side would the drivers side brake work again. There`s no fluid leaking
anywhere. Just from this does anyone have an idea what may have gone
wrong? The passengers side lower hose being blocked or not affects how
the drivers side works but nothing gets the passenger side working.
Thanks for any quick input. :-)
Old June 13th 10, 03:58 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
cavedweller

On Jun 13, 9:22*am, Sara Brown > wrote:
> * Hello. We have a 1994 Dodge Caravan. Long story short the passenger
> side calpiper froze up like 8 months ago and we just tied it up out of
> the way and drove it more carefully. Anyway, finally got a new
> caliper, rotor, pads but found the lower section of hose had gotten a
> kink in it from being bent out of the way. OK got a new hose but once
> it was hooked up neither side would work and the peddle went to the
> floor. Tried bleeding the system and there was very little fluid or
> air coming out of the passenger side but a lot on the drivers side.
> Only when we put the old kinked/blocked hose back on the passenger
> side would the drivers side brake work again. There`s no fluid leaking
> anywhere. Just from this does anyone have an idea what may have gone
> wrong? The passengers side lower hose being blocked or not affects how
> the drivers side works but nothing gets the passenger side working.
> Thanks for any quick input. :-)

Like, are you serious, like......
Old June 13th 10, 07:08 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Licker

Does the hose hook to a proportional valve. If so it could be bad also.

Old June 25th 10, 10:34 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
James Goforth

Have it fixed professionally b4 you kill someone

Odd brake question Sara Brown Technology 6 June 15th 10 10:31 PM
Another brake question One Who Waits VW air cooled 4 June 7th 09 01:55 AM
Brake question j Technology 5 December 30th 08 05:43 AM
CJ Body lift question / Rear Disc Brake question / Bill H. ?????? Charles Ervin Jeep 13 February 5th 07 04:01 AM
brake question nrs Jeep 6 May 22nd 06 04:55 PM