Mazda Heating & Air Conditioning

Old July 15th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
?

Default Mazda Heating & Air Conditioning

My 2001 mazda 626 started having heating and air conditioning problems
several months ago. I noticed the heat would only work when the car was
moving. The blower is functioning so this is not a blower issue. As summer
arrived I noticed the air is not working as well. Any ideas on where I
should look for this problem?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks Jim

Old July 15th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

? wrote:
> My 2001 mazda 626 started having heating and air conditioning problems
> several months ago. I noticed the heat would only work when the car was
> moving. The blower is functioning so this is not a blower issue. As summer
> arrived I noticed the air is not working as well. Any ideas on where I
> should look for this problem?
>
> Any help is appreciated, Thanks Jim

I take "heat would only work when the car was moving" to mean that warm
air came from the vents if the vehicle was running at speed. This could
be a matter of a stuck-open thermostat or an air bubble in the
coolant-heater loop or even insufficient coolant level overall.

But "I noticed the air is not working as well" is more difficult to
figure out. Does this mean that "it is working, but not as well as it
once did" or does it mean "it isn't working at all and this is in
addition to the heater problem"? If it is putting out cool air but not
enough of it then it could be anything from low charge in the AC loop,
stuck air door(s), gunk plugging the evaporator fins, bugs clogging the
condenser, etc. etc. If it is not working at all it could be bad
compressor, total loss of charge, or any other bad expensive thing you
may care to speculate about.

Easiest thing to do is to take it to someone who has the experience and
equipment. Even if you did know what was wrong with the AC it take
special equipment to do any of the repairs.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Mazda Parts for a Mazda 1000 Coupe 1968 Model MPA Series SB Mazda 1 August 1st 12 09:52 AM
over heating hector Chrysler 8 January 22nd 07 04:34 PM
95 mazda 626 v6 over heating prob jts0628 Mazda 1 October 21st 05 12:43 AM
Heating up too much YouGoFirst Jeep 29 July 25th 05 02:41 PM
Over heating 4.0L dcollivier Jeep 10 May 5th 05 03:00 PM