Anyone going to this year's Detroit Auto Show?

Old January 11th 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Anyone going to this year's Detroit Auto Show?

I ask this question every year - and the response is always the same -
no response.

Is there nobody reading this newsgroup who lives within 1 or 2 hours
driving range of Detroit?

Does nobody want to see the twisted, bizarre sight of Maserati, Lancia,
Alfa Romeo and Ferrari cars sitting in Chrysler's display area?
Old January 11th 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
cavedweller

On Jan 11, 8:31*am, MoPar Man > wrote:
> I ask this question every year - and the response is always the same -
> no response.
>
> Is there nobody reading this newsgroup who lives within 1 or 2 hours
> driving range of Detroit?

I'm not sure how to respond to a question phrased as a negative.
I'm a tunnel bus ride away.

> Does nobody want to see the twisted, bizarre sight of Maserati, Lancia,
> Alfa Romeo and Ferrari cars sitting in Chrysler's display area?

Same problem with the question. I don't myself.

Old January 14th 10, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob AZ

On Jan 11, 6:31�am, MoPar Man > wrote:
> I ask this question every year - and the response is always the same -
> no response.
>
> Is there nobody reading this newsgroup who lives within 1 or 2 hours
> driving range of Detroit?
>
> Does nobody want to see the twisted, bizarre sight of Maserati, Lancia,
> Alfa Romeo and Ferrari cars sitting in Chrysler's display area?

MoPar Man

I would like to go to the Detroit Auto show some year. But living too
far away to drive makes it a flying trip which would be OK.

But I would need to know the logistics of getting in once I get there.
Getting from the airport to the hotel and show would be a problem if I
did not know how to get there. So how does one get admitted to the
show with just curiosity interest and no professional qualifications.
I have asked at the Chrysler and Dodge dealers but they are no help.

Bob AZ
Old January 14th 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
cavedweller

Ahem..... http://www.naias.com/tickets/public-show-tickets.aspx
Old January 14th 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Bob AZ wrote:

> I would like to go to the Detroit Auto show some year. But living
> too far away to drive makes it a flying trip which would be OK.
>
> But I would need to know the logistics of getting in once I get
> there. Getting from the airport to the hotel and show would
> be a problem if I did not know how to get there.

You could probably fly to Detroit, go to the show, and fly back on the
same day. If not, you could stay at an airport hotel.

There is a bus you can take to get from the airport to downtown detroit:

http://www.globaltelematics.com/DetroitAirportBus.htm

Route 125. Looks like it would take an hour by bus. A cab would
probably take 20 - 30 minutes.

> So how does one get admitted to the show with just curiosity
> interest and no professional qualifications.

You can shell out $75 for "industry" tickets for today (thursday) and
tommorrow. No real qualifications needed. Charity preview is friday
night. Public show starts Saturday and runs 9 days I think. Tickets
are (I think) $12 and can be bought on-line or in person when you show
up at Cobo hall.

I would go on a week day as opposed to a saturday or sunday. The crowds
can make it an upleasant experience (I think they let in far too many
people). Maybe that's changed over the past 5 years. Kids and children
under 15 should be barred from attending IMO.

> I have asked at the Chrysler and Dodge dealers but they are
> no help.

Your local dealers in AZ will of course have no clue about the Detroit
auto show or it's logistics.
Old January 15th 10, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob AZ

> > I have asked at the Chrysler and Dodge dealers but they are
> > no help.

> Your local dealers in AZ will of course have no clue about the Detroit
> auto show or it's logistics.

MoPar Man

Thanks for the response. I will put it on the calenday for next year.

Bob AZ

Old January 15th 10, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

and i thought our tickets were expensive at $9

Old January 15th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Rob top-poasted:

> and i thought our tickets were expensive at $9

Without knowing where you are or which show you're talking about, your
comment is difficult to appreciate.