alt.autos.mazda

Old August 16th 06, 04:17 AM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Body Roll

Default alt.autos.mazda

Would a news admin be interested to create alt.autos.mazda
so that owners of Mazda 6s and 3s won't keep spamming
rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata ?
There is already quite a few groups under alt.autos.* and hardly any
rec.autos.makers.*

I don't have a direct access to any news servers anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Old August 16th 06, 04:47 AM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Brian Mailman

Body Roll wrote:

> Would a news admin be interested to create alt.autos.mazda
> so that owners of Mazda 6s and 3s won't keep spamming
> rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata ?
> There is already quite a few groups under alt.autos.* and hardly any
> rec.autos.makers.*

That's what we call a NIMBY (not in my backyard group). They don't
work. You can't form a group for someone else to post in--that has to
come from the posters in question.

The corollary to a NIMBY group is netcopping--that is, trying to force
someone to post in a group. That way would bring you a lot of attention
you didn't know you hadn't wanted.

B/
Old August 16th 06, 04:49 AM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tim Skirvin

"Body Roll" > writes:

> Would a news admin be interested to create alt.autos.mazda
> so that owners of Mazda 6s and 3s won't keep spamming
> rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata ?

> There is already quite a few groups under alt.autos.* and hardly any
> rec.autos.makers.*

You could propose rec.autos.makers.mazda, if you'd like. Or other
rec.autos.makers.* groups, if you're interested.

- Tim Skirvin )
Chair, Big-8 Management Board
--
http://www.big-8.org/ Big-8 Management Board
http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/ Skirv's Homepage <FISH>< <*>
Old August 16th 06, 06:44 AM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Adam H. Kerman

At 10:49pm -0500, 08/15/06, Tim Skirvin > wrote:
>"Body Roll" > writes:

>>Would a news admin be interested to create alt.autos.mazda
>>so that owners of Mazda 6s and 3s won't keep spamming
>>rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata ?

>>There is already quite a few groups under alt.autos.* and hardly any
>>rec.autos.makers.*

>You could propose rec.autos.makers.mazda, if you'd like. Or other
>rec.autos.makers.* groups, if you're interested.

Could you re-read his message for comprehension, Eugene, this time? He just
said he's NOT interested.
Old August 16th 06, 05:16 PM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mike

I don't think that was Body Rolls intention. There are a lot of people that
post in the rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata newsgroup that start by apologizing
for posting in the wrong newsgroup, but could find nothing closer to post
in.

For what it's worth.....and that might not be much, I welcome the idea of
such a newsgroup and encourage Body Rolls to submit a RFD for
rec.autos.makers.mazda or even alt.autos.mazda

Old August 16th 06, 05:45 PM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Adam H. Kerman

At 4:16pm -0000, 08/16/06, Mike > wrote:

>I don't think that was Body Rolls intention. There are a lot of people
>that post in the rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata newsgroup that start by
>apologizing for posting in the wrong newsgroup, but could find nothing
>closer to post in.

>For what it's worth.....and that might not be much, I welcome the idea of
>such a newsgroup and encourage Body Rolls to submit a RFD for
>rec.autos.makers.mazda or even alt.autos.mazda

It's up to those POSTING ON THE TOPIC to make the proposal, because they
are the ones who need to be motivated enough to post to the group and make
the group a success. No one else should make the proposal as he would lack a
vested interested in keeping the newsgroup from failing.
Old August 16th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
2Rowdy

I was reading
rg.pbz>, made by the
entity known as Adam H. Kerman, that requests spam to be sent to
> and I became inspired,

> At 4:16pm -0000, 08/16/06, Mike > wrote:
>
>> I don't think that was Body Rolls intention. There are a lot of
>> people that post in the rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata newsgroup
>> that start by apologizing for posting in the wrong newsgroup, but
>> could find nothing closer to post in.

>> For what it's worth.....and that might not be much, I welcome the
>> idea of such a newsgroup and encourage Body Rolls to submit a RFD
>> for rec.autos.makers.mazda or even alt.autos.mazda

> It's up to those POSTING ON THE TOPIC to make the proposal, because
> they are the ones who need to be motivated enough to post to the
> group and make the group a success. No one else should make the
> proposal as he would lack a vested interested in keeping the
> newsgroup from failing.

So I can't hijack this one? Darn.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup

Changing life, Breaking ground
Old August 16th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Body Roll

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> At 10:49pm -0500, 08/15/06, Tim Skirvin > wrote:
> >"Body Roll" > writes:

> >>Would a news admin be interested to create alt.autos.mazda
> >>so that owners of Mazda 6s and 3s won't keep spamming
> >>rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata ?

> >>There is already quite a few groups under alt.autos.* and hardly any
> >>rec.autos.makers.*

> >You could propose rec.autos.makers.mazda, if you'd like. Or other
> >rec.autos.makers.* groups, if you're interested.

> Could you re-read his message for comprehension, Eugene, this time? He just
> said he's NOT interested.

I could file an RFD for rec.autos.makers.mazda if people feel that
should be a part
of big 8 tree. But the majority of car groups are under alt.autos.* ,
so I thought
it makes sense to stick the group in there instead. From what I
understand creation
of a group in alt.* does not require filing an RFD and going thru the
voting process.
And my understanding is that alt.* groups live forever enough interest
from posters or not.
Filed a request to google groups to propagate creation of alt.* back to
news servers.
Will see what they say. If not maybe I can manage to revive nntp access
thru my ISP.
But I doubt I can create a new group thru nntp. I probably need news
account on a news server.
That's why I asked a news admin to do it.

Old August 16th 06, 06:51 PM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Body Roll

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> At 4:16pm -0000, 08/16/06, Mike > wrote:
>
> >I don't think that was Body Rolls intention. There are a lot of people
> >that post in the rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata newsgroup that start by
> >apologizing for posting in the wrong newsgroup, but could find nothing
> >closer to post in.

> >For what it's worth.....and that might not be much, I welcome the idea of
> >such a newsgroup and encourage Body Rolls to submit a RFD for
> >rec.autos.makers.mazda or even alt.autos.mazda

> It's up to those POSTING ON THE TOPIC to make the proposal, because they
> are the ones who need to be motivated enough to post to the group and make
> the group a success. No one else should make the proposal as he would lack a
> vested interested in keeping the newsgroup from failing.

I don't have a Miata, nor do I want one due to the lack of security
offered by a fixed roof
(say hello to Kabura). So I will be posting on topic to the proposed
a.a.m
vs. off topic to r.a.m.m.m

>From what I googled alt.* creation should not go thru RFD as that's the

primary reason
behind having alt.* tree in the first place.

Old August 16th 06, 07:15 PM posted to alt.config,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
2Rowdy

I was reading
ups.com>, made by
the entity known as Body Roll, that requests spam to be sent to
> and I became inspired,

> I could file an RFD for rec.autos.makers.mazda if people feel that
> should be a part
> of big 8 tree. But the majority of car groups are under alt.autos.*
> , so I thought
> it makes sense to stick the group in there instead. From what I
> understand creation
> of a group in alt.* does not require filing an RFD and going thru
> the voting process.

free.autos.mazda has been created some time ago. If you can't read it
you can request it on your server.
Give the same advise to the (off-topic) posters in your newsgroup.
And don't ever listen to Tim in alt.config, he's a clueless troll.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup

Random sigs should be banned from Usenet