Catalytic Converter

Old August 9th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Denis

Default Catalytic Converter

My catalytic converter is making a hell of a mount of noise. , I had to
replace it 5 years ago and it looks like it time to replace it, again. So, can
any one recommend a catalytic converter that can last? Performance? I have a
Jeep TJ 1997.

Old August 9th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Denis wrote:
> My catalytic converter is making a hell of a mount of noise. , I had
> to replace it 5 years ago and it looks like it time to replace it,
> again. So, can any one recommend a catalytic converter that can last?
> Performance? I have a Jeep TJ 1997.

Ye old standard high-flow cat from the local (non midas) muffler shop.
About 100$ installed.

They all last about five years from what I've seen.

--
DougW

Old August 9th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

EPA requires a 5 year/50k warranty.

Old August 10th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Denis

Sounds Like they're engineered for only five years.

"DougW" > wrote:
>Denis wrote:j> My catalytic converter is making a hell of a mount of noise. ,

I had

Old August 10th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

The warranty is enforced on a state by state bases, eight years for
Kalifornia's SMOG.
Daimler did have some bad catalytic converters that fell apart and
clogged the exhaust, way before five years on their YJs.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Denis wrote:

> Sounds Like they're engineered for only five years.
>
> "DougW" > wrote:
> >Denis wrote:j> My catalytic converter is making a hell of a mount of noise. ,

> I had

back pressure damage from clogged catalytic converter? James Champion Dodge 1 July 6th 06 05:13 PM
Catalytic Converter Bleedinred Honda 2 April 22nd 06 06:37 PM
95 GTP Catalytic Converter Question Aaron407 Technology 3 April 11th 06 06:43 AM
The Catalytic Converter Failure for the Honda Accord EX1999/4D/2.3L Jai Honda 11 February 11th 06 12:31 AM
Replace catalytic converter? Matthew Technology 12 March 4th 05 05:53 PM