No backup lights, 2002 Accord V6 coupe.

Old April 13th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gatesay

Default No backup lights, 2002 Accord V6 coupe.

Hello,
I have a 2002 Accord V6 Coupe who's backup lights will not come on.
I have checked the bulbs and fuse and even applied power at the fuse
block to verify they work when the get power. I have tried looking for
a switch on the transmission to no avail. I even bought a new switch
from the auto parts store to see if that could help me identify the
transmisssion switch. Maybe I should be looking for a relay or
something? Its a little hard to debug when you don't have a schematic
for the circuit.
When the car is put in reverse the gear selection indicator on the
dash indicates the proper selection, but the backup lights do not
illuminate.
Any help in locating the transmission switch or other helpful hits
would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Old April 13th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Gatesay" > wrote in news:1176434222.915396.189310
@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> Hello,
> I have a 2002 Accord V6 Coupe who's backup lights will not come on.
> I have checked the bulbs and fuse and even applied power at the fuse
> block to verify they work when the get power. I have tried looking for
> a switch on the transmission to no avail. I even bought a new switch
> from the auto parts store to see if that could help me identify the
> transmisssion switch. Maybe I should be looking for a relay or
> something? Its a little hard to debug when you don't have a schematic
> for the circuit.
> When the car is put in reverse the gear selection indicator on the
> dash indicates the proper selection, but the backup lights do not
> illuminate.
> Any help in locating the transmission switch or other helpful hits
> would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you

Go he
http://search.ebscohost.com/

Login with username lib and password access.

Choose "Auto Repair Reference Center" from menu at left.

Navigate to your car. Wiring diagrams are there.

Good luck.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ