Practice Profiling Muslims

Old August 26th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
thelasian

Default Practice Profiling Muslims

Profiling people at airports? Lets play "Spot the Muslim/Terrorist"
shall we?

Here's a photo of one of Iran's top soccer stars - would you be able to

pick him out as a "Muslim" and therefore a potential terrorist who
should be profiled?
http://www.teammelli.com/Players/StatsAzizi.htm

Here's another Muslim - would you be able to spot him?
http://www.votolatino.com.ar/2003/fotos/catstevens.jpg

This fellow would obviously be entitled to a free pass:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Kaczynski

How about this fellow - oh he must REALLY be one of them sneaky
muslims, what with those dark swarthy looks. Why, he's even wearing
sheets!
http://www.mohandasgandhi.com/ghandi.jpg

Course, this fellow is arguably swarthy, but that's because his father
is Jamaican ( you know, Axis of Evil Jamaica?)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1731568.stm

How about this fellow - no problem letting him on board the airplane,
since he's neither a Muslim nor particularly swarthy
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...arlos-2000.jpg
(Carlos the Jackal, FYI)

Hmm... Turbans, Beards, funny religious practices. Oh my! These fellows

should DEFINITELY be singled out!
http://www.pilgrimage-india.com/indi...-religion.html

And this guy - a Christian fellow named George. Nah, can't be a
terrorist. Let him on board without a second glance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Habash

Oh wait - what about this guy. Why, with all that red hair, he's
obviously Irish!
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...q/al-douri.htm

Yes the sooner we stick to profiling them suspiciously swarthy
"Muslim" people the safer we'll all be. Amen.

Old August 27th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM[_1_]

"thelasian" > wrote in news:1156631482.882810.315690
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Profiling people at airports? Lets play "Spot the Muslim/Terrorist"
> shall we?
>
> Here's a photo of one of Iran's top soccer stars - would you be able to
>

> pick him out as a "Muslim" and therefore a potential terrorist who
> should be profiled?
> http://www.teammelli.com/Players/StatsAzizi.htm

Did'ja notice that the web page says he played his first inbternational
game about 11 years before he was born? What a talent!

Doug
Old August 28th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), thelasian said in
rec.autos.driving:
> Profiling people at airports? Lets play "Spot the Muslim/Terrorist"
> shall we?

Is this profiling occuring during the DRIVE to or the DRIVE from the
airport? And what do we call it DWA (Driving while Arab), DWM (Driving
While Muslim) or DWPOT (Driving While Posting Off Topic)??

--
U tterly
S tupid
Old August 30th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
thelasian

DYM wrote:
> "thelasian" > wrote in news:1156631482.882810.315690
> @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Profiling people at airports? Lets play "Spot the Muslim/Terrorist"
> > shall we?
> >
> > Here's a photo of one of Iran's top soccer stars - would you be able to
> >

> > pick him out as a "Muslim" and therefore a potential terrorist who
> > should be profiled?
> > http://www.teammelli.com/Players/StatsAzizi.htm
> >

> Did'ja notice that the web page says he played his first inbternational
> game about 11 years before he was born? What a talent!
>
> Doug

You win a medal for catching a typo.

Old August 31st 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM[_1_]

"thelasian" > wrote in
oups.com:

> DYM wrote:
>> "thelasian" > wrote in
>> news:1156631482.882810.315690 @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > Profiling people at airports? Lets play "Spot the Muslim/Terrorist"
>> > shall we?
>> >
>> > Here's a photo of one of Iran's top soccer stars - would you be
>> > able to
>> >

>> > pick him out as a "Muslim" and therefore a potential terrorist who
>> > should be profiled?
>> > http://www.teammelli.com/Players/StatsAzizi.htm
>> >

>> Did'ja notice that the web page says he played his first
>> inbternational game about 11 years before he was born? What a talent!
>>
>> Doug

> You win a medal for catching a typo.

No thanks, I'll just take the cash.

Doug
Old August 31st 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

"profiling" is just narrowing down or refining your search so you aren't
wasting resources looking at everyone.

It's plain common-sense.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Saturday Practice 1 - Monaco - 01:19.87 (GP4) Anand Nene Simulators 0 May 21st 06 09:47 AM
Practice pays off! Harry K Driving 0 April 13th 06 10:13 PM
The best club for muslims all over the world!Have a try! [email protected] Chrysler 3 April 11th 06 03:52 AM
SledgesINDY ON F1 C Practice Today UseNews Simulators 0 May 21st 05 06:54 PM
Is this standard practice by Saturn in Toronto ? Bosco Took Saturn 7 November 14th 04 04:16 PM