The Vue

Old April 25th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Default The Vue

Just FYI, the Spring Hill made VUE is no more, GM closed Saturn's Spring
Hill plant (a stupid move, IMHO) and the last VUE rolled off the assembly
line last month. Git 'em while you can. Or when the new Daewoo built (ya, I
know) VUE arrives later this year, you might find good deals on used VUEs.

--
marx404

Old April 25th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
teem

I'm knocking around the idea of checking one out,my 03 Ion will be
paid off next year,I sure could use the space,no foot room in the
Ion.I still like th manual shift& this starts out with a
4cylinder,matbe next trip to my Saturnstore for whatever breaks.
Old April 25th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)[_32_]

"marx404" > wrote in message
> Just FYI, the Spring Hill made VUE is no more, GM closed Saturn's Spring
> Hill plant (a stupid move, IMHO) and the last VUE rolled off the assembly
> line last month. Git 'em while you can. Or when the new Daewoo built (ya,
> know) VUE arrives later this year, you might find good deals on used VUEs.
>
> --
> marx404

Most depressing. I am now entering into an income range that would allow me
to purchase a new[er] car, and now that Saturn is no more, I'm not sure what
I want. Kia's have timing belts. No good. I guess I'll just stash S-Series
and some Vues on the back 40' :P

Old April 26th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign[_2_]

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:37:37 -0500, a rock fell from the sky, hitting teem
on the head, and inspiring the following:

> I'm knocking around the idea of checking one out,my 03 Ion will be paid
> off next year,I sure could use the space,no foot room in the Ion.I still
> like th manual shift& this starts out with a 4cylinder,matbe next trip
> to my Saturnstore for whatever breaks.

Well, I'll guarantee you the Vue is not much bigger. Even with the seat
all the way back, I feel kind of tight in the Vue.

I much prefer sitting in my Avalanche.

--
kai

Its the puppets who pull the strings
Old April 27th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

I don't know how big the other guy is, but I just bought an 05 Vue and i am
6 foot 3 inchs 258 pounds. Lots of room. I actually have to have the seat
ahead a bit. My two other s series cars, I had to have the seats as far back
as they could go in order to drive them.

Old April 27th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
teem

Old April 27th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ford?

In article >,
"Shawn" > wrote:

> I don't know how big the other guy is, but I just bought an 05 Vue and i am
> 6 foot 3 inchs 258 pounds. Lots of room. I actually have to have the seat
> ahead a bit. My two other s series cars, I had to have the seats as far back
> as they could go in order to drive them.

It all depends on where your height is.
I'm only 5'-11", but I'm quite long between the knee and foot.
This gives me great trouble in some vehicles when there isn't a
telescoping steering wheel. My knee hits the steering wheel and I can't
properly place my foot on the pedals.
Old April 27th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign[_2_]

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:53:54 -0400, a rock fell from the sky, hitting
BläBlä on the head, and inspiring the following:

> In article >, shawn-
> says...
>> I don't know how big the other guy is, but I just bought an 05 Vue and
>> i am 6 foot 3 inchs 258 pounds. Lots of room. I actually have to have
>> the seat ahead a bit. My two other s series cars, I had to have the
>> seats as far back as they could go in order to drive them.

> Yeah I dont know what PR is talking about... I'm 5'11" and I found the
> Vue to be very spacious in the front and in the back. I never had to put
> the front seat all the way back.
>
> In article >, stooges2757
> @windstream.net says...
>> Thanks for th 411,figures,when i show an interest in something--poof--
>> it be gone.now the question is: will the Vues in the dealerships still
>> be around,or,sell 'em to an auction.thers goota be more foot room than
>> the ions.

> There is a good deal of foot and leg room. The floor boards are deep so
> your thighs will make full contact with the back seat. The only issue I
> have with the Vue is no lumbar support. That could easily be added by
> the owner however.

I dunno. I guess it comes from being an Avalanche owner. I am
6'4" (190cm) and just don't find it particularly roomy.

It IS fun to drive, tho.

Driving a 6,000lb truck, you don't get the fun seat-of-the-pants
experience you get in a V6 VUE. :P

I really do need to make it a bit quieter, tho. What tires are
recommended? I have the OEM tires still at 25,000 miles.