Possibly the weirdest of all Miatas?

Old January 31st 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Possibly the weirdest of all Miatas?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/1579402595.html

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old January 31st 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

I wonder how much it weighs? And if it SOUNDS like a Miata?

Old January 31st 10, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

If it sounds like a Miata I'll eat my hat, as they say!

I've sent him questions on the curb weight and the 0-60 time, both of which
I think are important questions. Pretty whacky though, a $50k 1997 Miata ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old February 1st 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

He says the project took 3~ 4 months. He says that in the process, the car
gained about 300lbs. He says the springs were changed to compensate for
this. The system is capable of producing around 100hp. He doesn't know what
the 0-60 time is but he guesses not allot slower than a stock Miata.

Interesting at the very least, interesting.

Chris
99BBB

Old February 1st 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> He says the project took 3~ 4 months. He says that in the process, the
> car gained about 300lbs. He says the springs were changed to compensate
> for this. The system is capable of producing around 100hp. He doesn't
> know what the 0-60 time is but he guesses not allot slower than a stock
> Miata.
>
> Interesting at the very least, interesting.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
>> If it sounds like a Miata I'll eat my hat, as they say!
>>
>> I've sent him questions on the curb weight and the 0-60 time, both of
>> which I think are important questions. Pretty whacky though, a $50k
>> 1997 Miata ;-)
>>
>> Chris
>> 99BBB
>>
>> "BK" > wrote in message
>>> I wonder how much it weighs? And if it SOUNDS like a Miata?

it is indeed interesting. but it is just so expensive. if you consider
a good condition '97 can be had for about $5k, i can't help but think
how much gas one can buy with the other $45k of the purchase price. but
it is great to see people making the effort to retrofit cars with
electric. this sort of effort only helps makes alternative fuel cars
practical and affordable.
ps. i assume it is an automatic, right?
Old February 1st 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
Christopher Muto > wrote:

> ps. i assume it is an automatic, right?

The ad said 5-speed. I'd guess he just leaves it in fourth all the time.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old February 1st 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> He says the project took 3~ 4 months. He says that in the process, the
> car gained about 300lbs. He says the springs were changed to compensate
> for this. The system is capable of producing around 100hp. He doesn't
> know what the 0-60 time is but he guesses not allot slower than a stock
> Miata.
>
> Interesting at the very least, interesting.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I wonder how many people have shown up just to drive it. Definitely
interesting.
No way in hell on me spending $50K on it, but that actually applies to
anything besides a house for me right now, maybe forever.

Pat
Old February 1st 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
barry

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:40:50 -0600, "Chris D'Agnolo"
> wrote:

>If it sounds like a Miata I'll eat my hat, as they say!

you could play miata engine sounds through the stereo - except
starting up, i suppose.

Old February 2nd 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
abyss

On Jan 31, 6:05*pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> He says the project took 3~ 4 months. He says that in the process, the car
> gained about 300lbs. He says the springs were changed to compensate for
> this. The system is capable of producing around 100hp. He doesn't know what
> the 0-60 time is but he guesses not allot slower than a stock Miata.
>
> Interesting at the very least, interesting.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message

> > If it sounds like a Miata I'll eat my hat, as they say!

> > I've sent him questions on the curb weight and the 0-60 time, both of
> > which I think are important questions. Pretty whacky though, a $50k 1997
> > Miata ;-)

> > Chris
> > 99BBB

> > "BK" > wrote in message
> >>I wonder how much it weighs? *And if it SOUNDS like a Miata?

He said that he traveled from Flagstaff to Phoenix, Arizona on one
charge. Since Flagstaff at 6900 feet and Phoenix is at 1100 feet,
that trip is mostly all downhill if they went I-17. I would like to
see a more varied terrain used as a test for distance per charge.

Abyss
Old February 2nd 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-02-01, barry > wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:40:50 -0600, "Chris D'Agnolo"
> wrote:
>
>>If it sounds like a Miata I'll eat my hat, as they say!

> you could play miata engine sounds through the stereo - except
> starting up, i suppose.

There are actually serious discussions about mandating that
electric cars produce a minimum amount of noise by adding
electrical noise-generation at low speeds.

The worry is that they're too quiet for pedestrians (blind and
otherwise) to hear coming.

--
Grant

How many Miatas have you owned? Chris D'Agnolo Mazda 20 November 12th 08 05:03 AM
Weirdest Mustang I ever saw elaich[_3_] Ford Mustang 3 May 12th 08 05:34 AM
Weirdest auto-related story of the week Padraig Auto Photos 0 May 10th 07 07:48 PM
Automatic Miatas gixer Mazda 30 February 23rd 05 04:15 AM
What year did Miatas go to R-134? jackofspeed Mazda 2 October 5th 04 11:12 PM