1990 MO-stang?

Old January 5th 05, 06:22 AM
LeRoy

Default 1990 MO-stang?

Here's an interesting swap, I'm just getting ready to drop a 383 BB mopar
engine w 727 into a 90 mustang LX. Everything's a go exept I'm waiting on a
rear sump oil pan. The engine ran 11's in a 74 dart, so I can't imagine what
the mo-stang will be like! I can imagine the comments I'll get on this
one....Thanks!

Old January 5th 05, 06:28 AM
Wound Up

LeRoy wrote:
> Here's an interesting swap, I'm just getting ready to drop a 383 BB mopar
> engine w 727 into a 90 mustang LX. Everything's a go exept I'm waiting on a
> rear sump oil pan. The engine ran 11's in a 74 dart, so I can't imagine what
> the mo-stang will be like! I can imagine the comments I'll get on this
> one....Thanks!

Oh MAN... perfect... you truly will have a ****ed Over Rebuilt Dodge!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I never thought I'd actually get an
opportunity to use that one.

What are you using to marry the trans. with the rear end? What about
the front springs? I'm intrigued....

--
Wound Up

1967 Mustang coupe, restored & modified

Remove "put her" to reply in that bucket

Old January 5th 05, 10:15 AM
Joe P.

Yes, once you get the project finished please post details on the
results.

Old January 5th 05, 08:05 PM
LeRoy

I've heard alot of good things about the 8.8 rears, so that is what I'm
going to go with. The driveshaft shouldn't be a problem since there is a
driveshaft shop about 4 miles from me. The guy that I bought both cars from
said that he put a 460 into one of these, and used the stock suspension. I
am going with GT suspension ( V8 ) though. I'm sure there are stiffer
springs available for the mustangs out there somewhere. It worked out well
with motor mounts since the 383 has elephant ears. four pieces of 4" angle
( nicely fabricated )and two bushings should do the trick. What acually gave
me the whole idea was when I bought both cars as a package deal, the dart
was rusty, but had the 1967 383 .030 over, 10.5 :1 .530MP cam, 915 heads,
torker 850 dp holley, 727 w/ rev manual valve body, B&M shifter, weld
wheels, 6pt cage, fuel cell...the list goes on...the mustang very nice, but
with the engine/trans already gone. Sitting side by side in the driveway,
one looks, wonders and scratches his head....then couriosity takes over.
It's not an overnight project, but I'll keep those posted who are
interested. Thanks for the posts, LeRoy
oups.com...