Beginner question- 1952 Packard Clipper

Old March 1st 04, 10:40 PM
KOS

Default Beginner question- 1952 Packard Clipper

Hello,
I recently got hold of a Packard Clipper. I am not a mechanic but
enjoy classic cars.

The car has been sitting for about 15 years. Engine is not ceased, and
body looks good.

My question for the group: I have zero background fixing cars/ none.
Would I be better off hiring a mechanic to fix this car up? or is it
possible for me to buy manuals and try to do it alone? I would really
like to learn how to fix up cars. Any advice you can offer is
excellent

Thank you

Old March 1st 04, 11:51 PM
Ralph Griffith

Try it yourself, with advice from a local mechanic.. Good Lux
m...

Old March 2nd 04, 01:36 AM
huffreport

Hi,

Regarding your 52 Packard Clipper, I used to have a 53 Clipper 2 door
sedan.... I have several pics on my website about the restoration. My car
was Polaris Blue, and it was a VERY easy car to work on. In fact, I didn't
even have a shop manual until AFTER the resto was completed, almost 2 years
later.

The Packard article is near the bottom of the main page....

www.huffreport.com
A Celebration of American Cars, Music, and Retro Culture

Hope that helps!

Kevin

m...

Old March 4th 04, 03:22 AM
Steve

Learn how to do the work yourself. Start simple.
There are a lot of good books geared toward the
beginner, and if possible, hook up with a local club.

Its one thing to own a classic car. Owning *and*
restoring a classic car is another level completely,
and IMO, the only way to go!

Enjoy your new toy.

Steve

m...