1990 C4 Side Mirror fix

Old August 7th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
haigoo

Default 1990 C4 Side Mirror fix

Hello

I have a 1990 C4 which the left-side mirror is rattling. Not the
housing, but just the mirror itself is jiggling. Wanted to know if
there's a screw that I can tighten without taking the whole mirror
housing apart, or do I have to take off the whole door panel and take
off the mirror housing to fix the problem.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks
Garry

Old August 7th 06, 10:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"haigoo" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello
>
> I have a 1990 C4 which the left-side mirror is rattling.
> Not the
> housing, but just the mirror itself is jiggling. Wanted
> to know if
> there's a screw that I can tighten without taking the
> whole mirror
> housing apart, or do I have to take off the whole door
> panel and take
> off the mirror housing to fix the problem.
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Garry

ya kinda answered your own question.
you will probably need to replace it to fix it...

my2¢
--
"Key"
=====

Old August 8th 06, 12:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"haigoo" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello
>
> I have a 1990 C4 which the left-side mirror is rattling. Not the
> housing, but just the mirror itself is jiggling.

May just be the adhesive has come loose on the mirror class. Talk to your local
glass replacement shop about them resetting it.

Old August 8th 06, 04:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

> "haigoo" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a 1990 C4 which the left-side mirror is rattling.
>> Not the
>> housing, but just the mirror itself is jiggling. Wanted
>> to know if
>> there's a screw that I can tighten without taking the
>> whole mirror
>> housing apart, or do I have to take off the whole door
>> panel and take
>> off the mirror housing to fix the problem.
>>
>> Any guidance would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>> Garry

please post the fix when ya find out.

thanks
--
"Key"
=====

Old August 8th 06, 06:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Redbull

Just grab the glass and pull it off..there is a small metal cross piece that
is most likely loose or broken.where it connects to the back of the
glass...see what the problem is and just push it back on..no need to take
the door apart..if you can't fix your mirror buy one on ebay and just switch
the glass part and cross piece onto your mirror housing..that is by the way
a common problems with GM mirrors....( another crappy GM design..will they
ever learn )

How many foreign cars do you see with exterior door mirror
problems..zero,none,..!!! ( not even Ford Or Chrysler )

Old August 11th 06, 12:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart

> a common problems with GM mirrors....( another crappy GM design..will they
> ever learn )
>
> How many foreign cars do you see with exterior door mirror
> problems..zero,none,..!!! ( not even Ford Or Chrysler )

And you drive a _____ ?
And your here on the corvette group to ____ ?

kickstart