changing a headlight

Old November 17th 04, 06:35 PM
sallyk

Default changing a headlight

The headlight on my 1997 Miata just went out. Is it easy to install a new
one? Thanks for any help here!

Old November 17th 04, 06:58 PM
pws

sallyk wrote:
> The headlight on my 1997 Miata just went out. Is it easy to install a new
> one? Thanks for any help here!

It is very easy. There is a metal ring that holds the headlight in
place. Remove the metal ring, be sure not to turn or remove the screws
that adjust the headlight angle. If you look closely, you can tell the
difference between the two sets of screws. Once the metal ring is off,
the headlight comes out and a plug pulls out of the back of it.
Installation is in reverse.

The black button on your dash will raise the headlights to work on them.
Some people like to detach the battery at this point to be 100% certain
that the headlights do not go back down while your fingers are in there.
It is not a likely occurence, but it could be bad for your fingers
and/or car if it happened.

Pat
Old November 17th 04, 07:18 PM
sallyk

Thanks Pat!! Great advise - that was really nice of you to respond. I'll
do the job tonight