classic cars for weddings??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 23rd 03, 12:03 PM
Andreas Tovornik

Dan Drake ) writes:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:48:50 -0400, "G.R. Patterson III"
> > wrote:
>
>>Grumpy au Contraire wrote:
>>>
>>> Really? By WHOSE definition??

>>The license departments of all 50 States.

> Not sure if it's *all* 50, but for licensing and annual (MOT style)
> inspection, then 20 and 30 years are cut-off points in most states,
> but only if you buy the appropriate registration and license plate.
> There's usually a drawback in that you get reduced or no inspections
> but there are limits on how much you can have the car on the road -
> typically only one day a week.

I live in British Columbia and have 'collector' plates on my
'68 Montego. There's no advantage to them except the insurance
costs $125 a year rather than upwards of $500, and the only
use limitation is that I'm not allowed to drive it to work. I
may keep my collector plates as long as I have another vehicle
registered with regular plates presumably for routine transport...

Last Summer I parked my 'regular' car in the garage where the
Mercury's usually parked and made a 7500 mile road trip...

--
'dreas...tbtw#5 'They say for centuries lovely Japanese girls
Victoria Taxi#15 have been trained in the art of pleasin' men.