97 A/C not working

Old July 6th 05, 02:29 AM
Backyard Mechanic

wrote in
oups.com:

> Richard wrote:
>> I suspect that it may be the A/C cycling switch. This switch is
>> located on top of the suction accumulator/drier. (passenger side at
>> the firewall).

> Rich, I suspected that may be the problem too, but is there a way I
> can jump it for a second or to two to see if the compressor kicks on?
> As I said in my previous post there are 3 wires going to the switch,
> so I'm not sure which ones to jump. Also, I'm not sure if you have to
> evacuate the system when replacing the switch.

the switch is on a port with a schrader valve... no evac necessary.

MAKE SURE the new O-Ring with the switch is as thick as the old one.

Better yet just leave the old one there, no worth taking a chance on
scratching the seating area.

Old July 6th 05, 02:58 PM

Ok, I'll tell my brother -in-law to give it a couple of whacks.
Hopefully that will solve the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Old July 9th 05, 04:01 PM
AW

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:58:49 -0700, mikepier wrote:

> Ok, I'll tell my brother -in-law to give it a couple of whacks.
> Hopefully that will solve the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Did you fix this?
Old July 10th 05, 11:46 AM
4-2LGW

I am not the original person that posted the problem with the A/C but I was
having the same problem with a 94 Mustang. I jumped the connector to the
cyclic switch and confirmed that there was power, then I removed the switch,
tapped it on the garage floor a few times, put it back on and now have nice
cold air.

Thanks for the info, it worked for me!

news

Old July 10th 05, 02:17 PM

I am going to see my Brother-in law again today.
I'll let you know if it works.

Old July 11th 05, 12:52 PM

Well, we tried to tap it, and it did't work. So now we have to
investigate further. Could be in the climate control unit inside.Thanks
for everyones help.

"Lights on" chime not working (97 TJ - doors ON) HG97TJ Jeep 32 May 27th 05 06:22 PM
NSR: Throttle not working all of a sudden! pw Simulators 1 March 6th 05 11:55 PM
Air Horns not Working! Dan Mazda 0 January 31st 05 03:00 AM
Help! Front windshield wipers stopped working! GA Jeep 12 December 12th 04 03:35 PM
Front turn indicator on a Golf not working John VW water cooled 2 November 12th 04 07:09 PM