caravan transmission problem

Old January 12th 05, 09:45 PM
Fujun Chen

Default caravan transmission problem

I have a 2000 L3.8 caravan. It has a problem and I suffer it a lot in this
frozen days. When I shift transmission to D or R, the transmission looks
not easy to get geared. I need to try a couple of times circling the shift
or give the pedals a big press then it would get geared. But this problem
only happened at cool starting. When the car gets run in and warm up, it
works without any problem. I never worry about it would stop in the mid way.
Who can give me some tip of what to do?

Thanks,
Fujun.

Old January 12th 05, 09:53 PM
jdoe

Check fluid level refill as necessary with +4 fluid ONLY. How many miles?
Has the unit been serviced? If it hasen't been sericed this might be due.
Barring that a diagnostic scan with a COMPETENT tech not a salesman will be
helpful.
Larry