1962 Galaxie snapped axle

Old December 24th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
BAD LUCK

Default 1962 Galaxie snapped axle

Hello,

I have a 1962 Galaxie that has a 9 inch rear. My question is I have a
snapped axle and still have about for inches of the spline in the rear.
Any ideas how to remove this broken piece? I have removed both axles,
but just need a way to get the broken one out.

Thanks

Old December 25th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
RHZ

Picture the little device that they sell to retrieve parts from
cleaner. It is held like a syringe with your index and middle finger
holding the device and your thumb through a loop in a wire in a
housing. when you move your thumb small "fingers" on the other end of
the wire can (very rudimentary) grab the part.
They used to make a large version of this just for what you want to
use it for. I used one around 1961.

Old December 25th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
*

BAD LUCK > wrote in article
.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I have a 1962 Galaxie that has a 9 inch rear. My question is I have a
> snapped axle and still have about for inches of the spline in the rear.
> Any ideas how to remove this broken piece? I have removed both axles,
> but just need a way to get the broken one out.
>
> Thanks

Take a long tube of some sort - quarter-inch brake line, half-inch
electrical conduit, etc. - and run a doubled-up wire up through it so the
two ends of the wire stick out of one end of the tube, and there is a loop
large enough to fit around the axle stub at the other end.

Snake the tube down towards the axle stub, positioning the wire loop around
the axle stub.

Pull on the two wire ends to tighten the loop and capture the axle stub.

Remove the tube with the axle stub attached to the loop at the other end.

BTDT.....many times
Old February 22nd 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Premier Bush

BAD LUCK wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 1962 Galaxie that has a 9 inch rear. My question is I have a
> snapped axle and still have about for inches of the spline in the
> rear. Any ideas how to remove this broken piece? I have removed both
> axles, but just need a way to get the broken one out.

What's it have in it? Did you break the axle by overpowering it? I have a
62 500 2dhtp with a 390.

Rear axle tube bent in collision, how to bend back? Richard J Kinch Jeep 37 November 14th 06 09:10 PM
CV Joint / Rear Axle (1995, 100k) somebody Mazda 15 September 7th 06 04:29 PM
2003 Rear axle whine Cedartown Electronics Ford Explorer 14 July 15th 06 08:37 PM
Scout axle data? Stupendous Man Jeep 2 December 8th 05 02:56 AM
94 Caprice 9C1 police rear axle bearing question [email protected] Technology 9 April 17th 05 03:43 PM