1960 Mercury Comet Price?

Old February 14th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected]

Default 1960 Mercury Comet Price?

We have a 1960 Mercury Comet. Original Owners. Approx 100K mi, V6, 4
Door, all original. Is in realative condition good & nothing
has been replaced/redone except the back seat was just reupholstered.
Does anyone know what this car might be worth?
Car is located in Sacramento, CA.

Old February 14th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny

Hi JSA,

Are you sure your car has a V6? If so, it's not original. Ford didn't
introduce a V6 until the 1970's. Your car was originally equipped with
a 144.3 cid I6 (straight six).

Value for that car is probably between $1200 - $2500.

Go this website to get an a value range:

http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/

Be sure and look at the value guide at the bottom of the page to get a
more accurate picture of the car's value.

Forrest

Old February 21st 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

On Feb 14, 6:01 am, "Otto Skorzeny" >
wrote:
> Hi JSA,
>
> Are you sure your car has a V6? If so, it's not original. Ford didn't
> introduce a V6 until the 1970's. Your car was originally equipped with
> a 144.3 cid I6 (straight six).
>
> Value for that car is probably between $1200 - $2500.
>
> Go this website to get an a value range:
>
> http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/
>
> Be sure and look at the value guide at the bottom of the page to get a
> more accurate picture of the car's value.
>
> Forrest

Add $500 if it's original "black plates" with paperwork.
I agree with engine comment- that should drop the price by what it
takes to get it back to original.
The four-doors bit is the killer (bad, not good)
I think that was their first year, which is good for the price.
I think that it should have as little done as possible and sell it as
a 40+ year old Daily Driver.
That's what I have with my car. Gets more comments that way than as a
show car and there are fewer worries.